1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

TBS Discovery Time Lapse Build Log

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by Zwyser, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Zwyser

Zwyser Active Member

Hi there

This forum is still quite empty so I thought I'll post my TBS Discovery Quadrocopter Time Lapse Build Log. Build your own quadcopter in just 9 minutes. I hope you like it. Enjoy:

_____________________________________-
    My channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zwyser

ThatDamnGuy and ringolong like this.
  2. FATJACK

FATJACK Member

Awesome copter! I can tell you are much more skilled than I am with the soldering iron. Those ESCs you have are awesome too.

3. Zwyser

Zwyser Active Member

It's actually the first time that I have used the soldering iron for something other than soldering battery plugs, so I would not be so sure about that. But thanks anyway. What is your copter that you have as Avatar?

4. FATJACK

FATJACK Member

You must be a natural. I have soldered for years but I still have a hard time with it.

The copter in the picture is a FPVManuals QAV500. It has changed since I took that picture. I now have 10 inch Gaupner props (instead of 8 inch Gauis), simonk 30amp escs (instead of Turnigy plush 25 amps), and FM4008 motors (instead of NTM 28-26). I am also on 4 cell instead of 3. Much better now :).

5. Zwyser

Zwyser Active Member

The QAV500 is a nice rig. I have just ordered a QAV400 from Tim and am looking closely on the development of the QAV540 with the gimbal.

Your new setup sounds a lot better than the old one!

6. FATJACK

FATJACK Member

Woah! I didn't even know of a QAV540. I just checked out the video they posted:

Best raw video I have ever seen from a quadcopter. Wow! I guess I need to start making more money :).

ThatDamnGuy likes this.
  7. Zwyser

Zwyser Active Member

Or, you just buy an Alex Mos brushless gimbal controller, 2 suiting brushless motors for a gimbal, and make a simple aluminium gimbal for your QAV500. Thats around 200 bucks

8. Eddieb378

Eddieb378 Member

What kind of fly time did you get?