TBS Discovery Time Lapse Build Log

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by Zwyser, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Zwyser

Zwyser Active Member

Hi there

This forum is still quite empty so I thought I'll post my TBS Discovery Quadrocopter Time Lapse Build Log. Build your own quadcopter in just 9 minutes. I hope you like it. Enjoy:

_____________________________________-
    My channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zwyser

ringolong likes this.
  2. FATJACK

FATJACK Member

Awesome copter! I can tell you are much more skilled than I am with the soldering iron. Those ESCs you have are awesome too.

3. Zwyser

Zwyser Active Member

It's actually the first time that I have used the soldering iron for something other than soldering battery plugs, so I would not be so sure about that. But thanks anyway. What is your copter that you have as Avatar?

4. FATJACK

FATJACK Member

You must be a natural. I have soldered for years but I still have a hard time with it.

The copter in the picture is a FPVManuals QAV500. It has changed since I took that picture. I now have 10 inch Gaupner props (instead of 8 inch Gauis), simonk 30amp escs (instead of Turnigy plush 25 amps), and FM4008 motors (instead of NTM 28-26). I am also on 4 cell instead of 3. Much better now :).

5. Zwyser

Zwyser Active Member

The QAV500 is a nice rig. I have just ordered a QAV400 from Tim and am looking closely on the development of the QAV540 with the gimbal.

Your new setup sounds a lot better than the old one!

6. FATJACK

FATJACK Member

Woah! I didn't even know of a QAV540. I just checked out the video they posted:

Best raw video I have ever seen from a quadcopter. Wow! I guess I need to start making more money :).

7. Zwyser

Zwyser Active Member

Or, you just buy an Alex Mos brushless gimbal controller, 2 suiting brushless motors for a gimbal, and make a simple aluminium gimbal for your QAV500. Thats around 200 bucks

8. Eddieb378

Eddieb378 Member

What kind of fly time did you get?