syma x5sc wont fly backwards

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by lotusteve, Sep 12, 2015.

1. lotusteve

lotusteve Member

I have a problem with my x5sc, it will fly forward very fast but when I pull back on the stick its coming back to me very slowly, I have to have the trim all way back to stop it flying forward on its own. I have done the calibration but this makes no difference. its only a week old as well. should it fly faster forward than back ?.

2. sailorsam

sailorsam Well-Known Member

I'm no expert but I think it's a 'headless' type which means all directions same speed.
    you can always try removing and re-inserting the batteries, that might reset something.
    make sure there's no debris/dirt in the little motor gimbal things.
    good luck, keep us posted.

3. Robert Bray

Robert Bray Member

Hi did you find a solution to this problem? I have the exact same issue and it doesn't seem to be a common fault online.

4. jake8131

jake8131 Well-Known Member

Try recalibrating the gyros.

5. Birdy

Birdy Well-Known Member

Agreed.

To calibrate: Insert properly charged battery into quad. Set quad on level surface and turn on quad. Turn on transmitter and bind to quad (left stick fully up and down). Pull BOTH sticks down and to the right at the same time. Quad lights should blink for a few seconds. Calibration is complete.

6. Steve95

Steve95 Active Member

I found flying it in "HI" performance solved these type of issues. Any wind will also have a noticeable effect with this drone.