Syma X5HW Flight Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Umar Rashid, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Umar Rashid

Umar Rashid New Member

Hi. I am having a very weird problem with my Syma X5HW quadcopter. As soon as I fly it up, it starts flashing slow as if battery is low even though I fully charged and tested my battery. Battery is fine. When I plug in the battery for charging, it shows that the battery is fully charged. Kindly help me out if the problem is with the quadcopter chipset or battery? Thanks

2. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Are you using the original battery that came with the quad or something with an equivalent mAh and discharge/C rating?

3. Umar Rashid

Umar Rashid New Member

Thanks for responding. I am currently using a third party battery that I purchased from local supplier. Its of 750 mAh as compared to original one that is 500 mAh. My original battery has been swollen and it is not working properly. Kindly assist me . thanks

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

You used a multimeter?
    You say 'properly' does that mean it still works somewhat?

5. Umar Rashid

Umar Rashid New Member

It doesn't actually work. Quadcopter lifts a meter from the ground and it starts blinking like the battery is down.

6. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

It's the battery

wafflejock likes this.
  7. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Very likely issues with the batteries. The original being puffed usually means it's been over discharged and gas started to build up in the cell. The new ones with extra weight maybe stressing the motors and/or pulling more amps to lift and causing the voltage to dip while under load. Hard to say for sure but would take more testing with a multimeter and/or lipo tester.