Syma X5C - Why Won't It Hover?

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by Analyzr, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Analyzr

Analyzr New Member

Hi. My son and I have had a Syma X5C for several weeks now. We're both newbies. For whatever reason we can't get it to hover. From the start, there is a slight lean. We've tried it with everything off (prop guards, camera, etc.) and with everything on - but the same thing happens. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do/try so my kid doesn't go back to playing video games? :)

Thanks!
    Dave

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Well first spin all the props and see if seem to all be about equal, if one seems a bit stiff check the gears for any obstructions.

Then try this.

3. Patton

Patton Well-Known Member

The non video version......(in case you can't see the video)

1). Set the X5C on a level surface
    2). Turn on the Quadcopter (wait for the lights underneath to enter slow blinking mode)
    3). Turn on the Transmitter
    4). Push the throttle all the way up and all the way back down (listen for beep signaling the drone and transmitter are now linked)
    5). Pull both joysticks down and right and hold them there....look for the lights underneath the drone to flash.
    6). When the flashing stops, release the joysticks.

Try again

daveincarthage likes this.
  4. ram1000

ram1000 Well-Known Member

check your tabs on the transmitter to see if they are at zero...

5. sailorsam

sailorsam Well-Known Member

my unit has buttons labeled 'fine tune'. when I first got it I used those to 'trim' it.
    it's hard for me to get a true hover--just the slightest air movement, even inside, moves it--but I can get acceptable hover-in-area.
    don't know if it's possible to get it where it sits and you can take hands of control; maybe more experienced members can tell us if that happens.
    (I probably flew it for a week before I realized the controller had a screen with indicators, which I'm still figuring out.)

6. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Not possible. You always need to make micro adjustments.

7. Patton

Patton Well-Known Member

Exactly as Jackson said.
    If you're trying to get a quad without GPS or compass to hover in one spot without any inputs...that's not likely.