Syma X5c headless mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe in Beavercreek, Jan 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Joe in Beavercreek

Joe in Beavercreek New Member

Any help on activating and using headless mode? Box says Syma, and "X5C-PLUS, designed by RX Aerio, upgraded by TurboTech". Unit is black, looks like std X5c, but with TurboTech props. Tx looks std, has the blue LED (which should indicate X5c-1). Manual is std Syma X5c.
    Left vertical trim button operates camera/video mode.
    Click left top button to change from low to high speed mode. Click and hold left top button gives five or six beeps, which I thought would initiate headless mode, but I get no change in the operation of the right joystick. Any help appreciated.

2. philisweatly

philisweatly Well-Known Member

I know on my transmitter (I have a MJX X101) when it is in headless mode the "mode 2" is flashing. I have to press and hold my top right button on my transmitter. I would assume they are similar and to check that your "mode 2" or whatever mode you like to fly in is flashing. Set it up on the ground facing away from you, activate headless then hover and turn your quad to a side then press forward on your elevator and see if ya got it.

3. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Does not have a headless mode. That came later with the X5SC

4. Joe in Beavercreek

Probably right, about the X5cs, but was fooled into thinking this had RTF/ Cf function 'cause on the box where it lists all the functions it says: "one press auto return, CF mode."

5. Jackson

The blue light is actually for the V6 (last) version. The green light is for the V3 and V5 (there is no V4.)

6. Joe in Beavercreek

So, checked the board in the quad and it says V6; the tx has the blue LED; the box says "one press automatic return, CF mode". I got the manual for the X5SC and the instructions for headless mode tells how the TX emits beeps for when it's active and when it's not, and my TX gives the same beeps when the left button is pushed. Just seems to me I'm "that close" to having it work, but can't seem to get it.
    Scoured the web for info on "Syma X5C-PLUS" Designed by RX AERIO Upgraded by Turbotech", which is what it says on the box; no joy. Found a lot of ads for RX AERIO exclusive black model, but again no joy on finding any detailed info. Can't find any direct links to an outfit called RX AERIO or to one called Turbotech.
    Guess I'll just fly it close enough to keep safe; would have liked to have headless mode since I already losy one Hubsan X4 because I couldn't tell where it was pointed as the wind took it away.
    Thanks for your info and response.

7. Jackson

Rarely does it work as expected, pretty useless on most toy quads.