Syma X5C-1 Landing

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by suleymanyaman, Dec 22, 2017.

1. suleymanyaman

suleymanyaman New Member

Hi!

I'm a newbie and bought Syma X5C-1 last week. I first tried it two days ago. In general, I liked it but the problem is I have a difficulty in landing it with throttle stick. When I try to land it, it lands very hard (falls in a way). There is no problem with lifting it up.

I think this problem stems from the nature of the throttle stick, its being loose. I know this hobby requires time and practice, but I think I need some advice about it. How can I get a smooth landing? Sometimes it makes me think that there's a problem with transmitter, which I hope not.

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Yup.

FWIW I never even tried to land when I started out, I was always crashing. Many of my first toys seemed oh so throttle twitchy (new pilots tend to overreact). Note you are using your hand muscles in new ways, just takes a while to get that fine motor control down.

3. T.C.

T.C. Active Member

Just stick with cheap quads until you get lots of practice. I used to try to land mine and drop them 6 foot distances. Those syma quads are light so they rarely do much damage when they drop. Just keep working on going up and re landing.

4. ArmyVet

ArmyVet Well-Known Member

This is from the RC plane arena. But I think it applies to quads.
    Anyway, cant hurt to read.

http://www.rcflightschool.com/TransmitterHandling.pdf

When I got my first quad years ago, I never had a problem landing. I was an old RC guy.
    I did crash a lot hahaha
    Have fun.

5. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Muscle memory. ;)
    You'll get used to it.

6. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

What they said. Also, remember that once you get very close to the ground you're flying in your own prop wash, so the last 1-2' don't mess around, lower it on down to the ground. Practice landings on grass, obviously. Persevere and you will get it.