super long range FPV help

Discussion in 'FPV Systems' started by bluebush22, Aug 23, 2017.

1. bluebush22

bluebush22 New Member

so im just starting into this drone stuff, and i want to build my own. i have a pretty good understanding of how everything works and it will be used on our ranch to check our cows, keep an eye on things, etc. anyway. Ive been having some trouble finding really long range transmitters and receivers, and really long range fpv. i heard of a guy that was getting 50km with a system called dragon ball or something like that. i need at least a 25km range, and im having a hard time finding stuff that has that kind of range. if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great! and btw i have a tightish budget for this so the cheaper the better, but im desperate so anything will work
  2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

What you're referring to is Dragonlink. Nice compact system and yes, around 50-60 km range. Don't know if it'll fit your budget though, LR doesn't come cheap. That being said, I'd suggest getting some experience in flying first. Long range is only suggested for the most experienced pilots (and illegal in most areas now)
    mozquito1, bluebush22 and Gyro Doctor like this.
  3. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

... Long range is typically achieved by abandoning the regular 2.4GHz control w/5.8 GHz video scheme and using UHF control with 2.4GHz video ;)
    mozquito1 and bluebush22 like this.