Stingy True X 240mm

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by mozquito1, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

:rolleyes: ... Yep, I was just gong to say that ... lol ... pointed up or down doesn't matter a hoot :D

mozquito1 likes this.
  2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Not had time yet but will try it out b4 I change it.

3. Gyro Doctor

The difference noted, if any at all, would be more attributed to the ant being less blocked by any carbon when hanging
    rearwards off a hind arm as opposed to forwards where the frame could get between the ant and radio, which in a
    diversity setup doesn't matter
    anyway. ;)

mozquito1 likes this.
  4. mozquito1

I forgot I orderd these
    20170728110652-8201-1024x445.png & it only took 10 days from China, but sadly it looks like they have gone missing. I orderd a TBS Unify Pro nano 25mw-50mw
    tbs-unify-pro-nano_1-1024x1024.jpg
    Come on, a 1g o_O vtx that should realistically get me around my 300m park, if it does 600m:rolleyes: that's all I'll buy.
    £26 a pop ain't that bad for possibly another mph :D

Gyro Doctor likes this.
  5. Gyro Doctor

:rolleyes: ... Always add a spot of glue after snapping those tiny ant connectors on too ;)

mozquito1 likes this.
  6. mozquito1

Yeah will do, i was toying with the idea of putting a blob of expanding foam in the middle, to keep its form if a crash happens. Just trim any eccess Do you think it would effect performance.

7. Gyro Doctor

Probably NOT a good idea. They make stuff especially for that purpose (it's called "potting compound') but it usually ain't
    cheap (at least for the good stuff) and it will add weight because it's not foam it's more like a plastic or rubber substance,
    depending on what you buy.

Any other typical foam would likely not have the electrical properties to prevent adding conductive, capacitive, inductive,
    or other properties which would more than likely mess up the electronics of the item being covered with it.
    Another consideration is that even when using the stuff made for the purpose it can sometimes stress surface mounted components.

I usually just opt for either the "brush it on" or "spray it on' (preferred) conformal coatings to both waterproof the circuits AND strengthen
    the physical connectivity of the surface mounted parts :)

Just a small dab of hot glue where the plug meets the base of the connector was what I meant earlier ;)

mozquito1 likes this.
  8. mozquito1

They have a coating of silicone or rubber on them already. So the conductivity would be ok, But I hear what your saying. £7 each & 10 day post ain't bad anyway.
    The snow has melted again here but it's soggy. It did freeze last night so I got a very cold half hour, this morning.
    I've got alterations to do tomorrow & that TBS Unify came, jeez it's tiny. I thought the bag was empty. This could be heat shrinked to a zip tie anywhere you like.
    The vtx & antenna weigh less than the sma connector next to it.
    IMG_20180309_204500788-1024x575.jpg
    That suckered on there as well, the new u.fl connectors are much better.

Gyro Doctor likes this.