Slowness

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mike, May 28, 2015.

1. Mike

Mike =) Admin

Right now, you might be experiencing some slowness on the forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I verified that the servers are fine, but I believe my host is experiencing issues in their network because the support portal they host seems to be experiencing the same issue with slowness.

Hopefully this passes pretty quickly.

2. Mike

Mike =) Admin

It seemed to only last about 10 minutes and everything should be pretty snappy again!

3. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C631 Moderator

A lot of sites seem to be suffering this recently.

4. Mike

Mike =) Admin

DDOS attacks are on the rise daily it seems and there are always major ones going on. I thought I had something to do with that, but because it didn't last that long, I'm guessing it could have been a configuration mistake somewhere in my hosting provider's network.

This is a cool visual of all the DDOS attacks going on at any given time in the world.

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/

5. GJH105775

The real question is if those are really syn flood attacks, or just sites going viral haha.

6. Mike

Mike =) Admin

lol - that is very true, but I'm hoping that my host's network can handle sites going viral. They are pretty big. Plus the forum is hosted on a VPS, so it had dedicated resources.

7. GJH105775

Haha, we may get to see if this site were ever featured in something like buzzfeed, or Vsuase.

8. Mike

Mike =) Admin

Yeah, that's very true. It would be a good problem to have though. The server is pretty beefy for the application though. It runs very idle, even when there are 20+ users on concurrently. It would handle a few thousand if it had to.

9. GJH105775

Sounds great haha. IMO forums are the best places to find individualized help, as many people are realizing. Hopefully as the hobby grows so will the forums.