Sky drone pro v2

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Meatloaf, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Hi newbie here
    I have just bought my first (of many i hope) quadcopter , sky drone pro v 2 for £100
    Not expecting miracles but instructions are terrible and web seems limited .
    Can i please ask for a bit of knowledge from this great looking forum

Camera seemed good on phone when viewing but terrible on pc ? Any one know what memory card to use and Can I strap go pro to it?
    Does the camera viewfinder point in the direction of flying ( the front of quad ) it has 2 yellow rotors and 2 black rotors
    Struggled to get it to fly back to me ( the return button on controller does nothing ) too much wind ?
    Trimming seemed not to work

Sorry for all of the questions but I need to start somewhere

Regards

David

Attached Files:

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

No.
    Are you recording to the phone?

Real Kingston cards are recommended by the Mobius folks. This 4GB/class 4 card should work fine if it is legit. Read the reviews.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-4G...934&sr=8-7&keywords=kingston+class+4+micro+sd

Either way 4GB is more than enough ( your camera probably has a size limit) and class 4 is the minimum you should search for in brand name cards.

3. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Thanks for reply Jackson ,

Curious to see why you say no to the go pro
    Tried a micro sd card into camera does not seem to want to go in !!

4. Jackson

Your camera weighs in at <10 gr vs. ~ 90-110 gr for a GoPro.

Well it may not have that capability, what does the manual say?

5. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Camera does not seem to have ability to take a card . I was given wrong info when buying . Instructions also say you can , so if I can only record to phone it will be poor recording , thats why I wished to try go pro

Attached Files:

6. Jackson

You own one?

7. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Yes just tried it in garden . Lifted up ok with it ( just a meter for limited space ) . Need to try in open space tommorow . Web seems limited with good camera for quads . Camera has an open "slot "which looks like it should take a memory card but as you can see on photo there is no part to receive a card , confusing ..( now thinking lots of buttons on remote are not applicable , such as return home ( dont think its good enough to have this facility )
    On another note I felt the machine was being pushed downwind today and struggled flying against it is this possible ?

Sorry to be a pain but appreciate your knowledge

8. Jackson

Actually the web seems littered with good cameras for quads these days.

Trying to fly your quad pulling that much weight will play hell on your motors, best to stock up.

For as much as you paid you have grabbed this instead.
    http://www.banggood.com/Syma-X8C-Ve...e-Camera-2_4G-4CH-RC-Quadcopter-p-965758.html

It's also got the size and weight to handle wind better.

[​IMG]
    Your quad is like the white one in the pic.

Then you could chuck the stock camera and grab this and mount it to the X8.
    http://www.banggood.com/DJI-PHANTOM...r-Gopro3-p-909537.html?p=070519238739201308J6

Looks like it works well.

RGJameson likes this.
  9. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Yes mine is similar to white one in pic and video . I have used adhesive mount but may get the mount you suggest Will the weight of camera damage my xc8 ??

10. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

i think this attatchment would stop my batterys being changed

11. Jackson

:) Didya watch the vid?

Good Luck.

12. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Yes his battery comes out of rear , mine comes out underneath ( where the bracket would be )
    Here is my attempt at fixing camera

If my quad has 2 yellow ( this is the way camera used to face )and 2 black blades what is the front ? Sorry if this is a silly newbie question . Still trying to control /trim this , today might have been too windy

Attached Files:

13. Arun

Arun New Member

what motors can i use for sky drone pro v2?? please help