SJRC F11 1080P GPS 5G WiFi FPV Foldable Brushless RC Drone 25min Flight Time review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by BillM-RC, Dec 26, 2018.

1. BillM-RC

BillM-RC Active Member

Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

SJRC F11 review. This NEW SJRC F11 1080P GPS 5G WiFi FPV Foldable Brushless RC Drone 25min Flight Time RTF review includes unboxing, inspection, features, compass calibration, camera, app, flight and time tests. Additional batteries are also available with this. Flight action starts at 8:32 .

2. sam-H

sam-H New Member

have other color?

3. BillM-RC

BillM-RC Active Member

SJRC F11 review. This SJRC F11 review includes Gesture Mode, Active track, Follow-me, Waypoint navigation, RTH, Take-off & land features using an Apple iphone.

4. Alan_Hepburn

Alan_Hepburn Member

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I can't find a spec on the maximum size microSD card that this model can handle?

5. BillM-RC

BillM-RC Active Member

Hi Alan, I used a 16gb Class10 sd card but I have not tried bigger than this as 16gb is more than sufficient for the one battery I have.

Alan_Hepburn likes this.
  6. Alan_Hepburn

Alan_Hepburn Member

Sorry to bother with another dumb question, but does the compass calibration procedure have to be done before each flight, or is it a one-time deal before the first flight out of the box?

7. BillM-RC

BillM-RC Active Member

It is best practice to do it before each flying session, particularly at a new location. If you are doing a few flights after each other, it should be fine doing it only once but if you see an unstable toilet bowl effect after take-off, it is best to land & re-calibrate.

Alan_Hepburn likes this.
  8. BillM-RC

BillM-RC Active Member

SJRC F11 range test. This SJRC F11 5G WiFi & 2.4ghz range test demonstrates how far the 5G wifi signal can go and also the range of the radio controller.

9. davidhk129

davidhk129 Well-Known Member

Hi. I am a newbie in rc drones.
    I would like to know one matter perfectly clear..…. that's 5G WiFi.
    I have a Motorola Moto E4 smartphone running Android 7.1.1. From googling, my E4 does not support 5G WiFi.
    Is that right ?

10. davidhk129

Since SJRC F11 is not applicable for me, I plan to buy SJRC Z5 . It will cost me $135.34 CDN, free shipping.
    Do you think it is a good buy ?

11. SLFLY

SLFLY Well-Known Member

$135 CDN is quite alot for a drone that has brushed motors. You should be looking at something with brushless motors for that kinda money. Brushless motors are much better.

But there is a problem. you won't find many brushless quads with 2.4ghz wifi video. They all tend to use 5G wifi.

I would buy the 5G drone and later upgrade the smartphone.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    davidhk129 likes this.
  12. davidhk129

Thanks for the reply.
    Sounds like you are not from Canada.
    The sad fact is...… everything is more expensive in Canada than other countries.
    In Canada a SJRC F11 is between $210 to as high as $320 Cdn.
    DJI, Parrot drones are out of my budget.

13. SLFLY

SLFLY Well-Known Member

I see. The MJX Bugs 5W is $159 CDN on ebay.ca. Check it out

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    davidhk129 likes this.
  14. davidhk129

Yes, I have been searching over eBay and BestBuy web sites. My main site is Amazon.ca. Most of my purchases were with Amazon.
    There is one downside from your find. It's from Hong Kong, China. Delivery is between 11 days to 47 days. It's more like 47 days, based on my numerous online dealings with sellers from China.
    All my hair will be white by then. :)
    Thanks for the suggestion.