Quanum Cyclops FPV Goggles for only 58 USD: Review, Comparison & Dismantling

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Michael Grabner, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Michael Grabner

Michael Grabner Minion at RCFPVFlight.com

Hi guys!

In this video we review the Quanum Cyclops FPV Goggles. We go through all the functions including a live test. We compare them to the Quanum v2 & the Quanum v2 Pro (including a comparison of the image quality). We also completely disassemble them to see what's inside. More info & video jump points are in the video description.

If you like my reviews, please subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/RCFPVFlight?sub_confirmation=1

Many thanks and all the best,
  2. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

These are basically v2s without the add on kit packaged in a hard case. Without the good lense in the pro kit these goggles are a downgrade from the v2 pros. Also your stuck with the provided reciever. A person could probably modify these goggles to add a diversity reciever, but whats the point? v2s are still better goggles. Pretty good review but I would say the fresnel lense is the biggest draw back.
  3. Michael Grabner

....that and the autoscan. I like the autoscan, but without being able to set the channel manually and without actually *showing* me which channel it selected, it is quite a drawback for me.
    Altsickeness likes this.
  4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

When Painless360 reviewed the new acrylic lenses, although he seemed to like them he ended up giving them away as he prefered the lighter weight fresnels.
  5. Michael Grabner

The Acrylic lenses are really a double-edged sword. Yes, they are slightly sharper than the Fresnel lenses. But at the same time they are much heavier and have a lower magnification factor. This results in a heavier weight and much less comfort when wearing the goggles. In my review above I compare the weight of my Quanum v2 Pros with the acrylic lenses to the Cyclops and the difference in weight is substantial. This is something also very noticeable when wearing them.
  6. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

I guess it just depends on the individual's eyes. I have both and head and shoulders above, prefer the acrylics.
  7. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

I'm sure the weight is noticeable and significant for a 4 year old girl, but beyond that it's not a big deal in my opinion. :)
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  8. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

I find the 'finger printing' type image very distracting which is why I prefer the acrylics. its really noticeable when the sun is low in the sky near sunrise or sunset.
  9. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper New Member

Will these work with the MJX Bugs B2W?
  10. dengr9

dengr9 Member

i think they where good enough. But hey you get what you pay for