Quadcopter Unstable/Unflyable

Discussion in 'First Build' started by makosz, Jan 15, 2018.

1. makosz

makosz Member

I've spend two days researching on what the issue is and a day trying to tune my ESCs and now I am at a loss, Please help.

Initially I had an issue with a single twitching motor. I solved it by re-soldering the connections and synchronizing the ESCs. Now that is fixed Another issue came about. Whenever I try to lift off the quadcopter keeps flipping, sometimes the motors are inconsistent and keep pulsating instead of steady power.

Here are the things I have confirmed multiple times.

1. soldering is good. (I'm not professional tho)
    2. Motors and Props are spinning in proper direction.
    3. ESCs are synchronized using Blheli
    4. Using betaflight the controller was told that yaw is at 180 degrees. The USB port is facing west on a NAZE 32.

At this point I am at a loss as to what is going on. Please help.

My setup is
    FC: NAZE 32
    ESC: racester RS20A 4 in 1 ESC
    Motors: DLFPV 2300KV brushless motor
    Receiver: FlySky FS-i6B

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

There's an arrow on your board that shows orientation, it should be pointing forward. If not which way is it pointing?

3. makosz

makosz Member

It is pointing towards the back.

4. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem a while back,
    I checked everything & was all OK the only thing I didn't try was a board & gyro reset. It was the board reset that worked. So try what RENOV8R said to me.
    Providing the rest of the setup is correct.

5. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Did you match the esc firmware to what is on the configuration tab in betaflight or vice versa.
    In other words if you are using multishot on the esc's, then apply that in the configuration tab. Top right corner.

6. makosz

makosz Member

I reset the board but it did not solve the issue, if anything it made it worse. How do I reset the Gyro? I tried looking through your old posts but was not able to find the one you're referencing.

7. Badfish

Badfish JA.O.A.T.

Does the quad image in the setup tab move the same way you move the model?
    Do the signals and movements in the receiver tab match your inputs?

8. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

The arrow on the FCB must face forward or the board will compensate the wrong way and flip the quad over

9. makosz

makosz Member

Yes the quad image does match how I move it.
    The signals do match my receiver.

10. makosz

makosz Member

I tried that and put Yaw at 0 in the software. It did not fix the issue. I though that it can face anyway as long as I tell it in the software. Since it is pointing towards the back I put yaw at 180 degrees. The arrow is on top which I think is the correct way.

11. makosz

makosz Member

12. makosz

makosz Member

So after extensive research I found that someone had similar issues due to how they ran the wiring. Something with the wiring was disturbing the gyroscope.

I have reorganized my wiring and it works fine now. No soldering was needed either.

Thank you all.

Rick M likes this.
  13. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Glad it sorted happy flying