Quad Transmitter Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gene_Drone, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Gene_Drone

Gene_Drone Active Member

I have an H501s. The transmitter takes 4 AA batteries or one can use other batteries with a compatible connector. I have 2 such batteries: one is a 1300mAh 7.4v 2C 9.62Wh and a 1400mAh 7.4v 1C 10.36Wh. Other than the ability to recharge, what are the pros and cons of AA versus the other 2.

Thanks again in advance for your willingness to share your knowledge.

2. Jeff Neese

Jeff Neese Well-Known Member

Eneloop Pro is the best option for transmitters, hands down. You don't need to screw around modding your transmitter to work with any other battery types.

Invest in a good charger and a set of Eneloop Pros, and never look back.

3. Gene_Drone

Gene_Drone Active Member

Thanks but my question still stands. What are the pros and cons of using AA batteries versus the other option that the transmitter comes with LiPo batteries as described above?

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

If I had the ability to easily use a 2s 1400mAh LiPo like you, that would be my first choice, especially since you already have 2.
    • Just one item to deal with, quick in/out, you don't even have to remove them to charge. Just unplug.
    • Easier to quickly attach to a hobby charger, just 1 jst connector which most come with.
    • Provides full voltage to a TX that calls for 4 AAs, unlike NiMHs
    The NiMHs, even when freshly charged will never show up as fully charged in the Tx's battery meter in my experience , regardless of the brand. Does it matter? Maybe not. It's also important to use a 'smart charger' with them. I made a cradle (with a JST plug) to charge them on my hobby charger which will 'smart' (Delta peak) charge them. You can buy one.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Series-...013014?hash=item360039a9d6:g:7CMAAOSw3KNaOpfz

[​IMG]
    But I prefer this style that I made, quicker/easier to load/unload.

NimH charge cradle small.jpg

Just saying. :)

Spork likes this.