Propulsion system equivalent to DJI E800 tuned propulsion system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo Scicluna, May 17, 2018.

1. Leo Scicluna

Leo Scicluna Multirotor

Hi All,

I am building a quadrotor on a Tarot IRONMAN 650 frame and would like to use the DJI E800 system. It seems that has been recently discontinued. Does anyone know of a similar system generating similar thrust?

Cheers

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Discontinued but still available on ebay

3. Leo Scicluna

Leo Scicluna Multirotor

Hi Renov8r,

Thanks alot for your reply. Thanks to your input I have managed to track down a supplier on ebay. I would also wish to find an alternative (given that this system has been discontinued) to this propulsion system. Being rather new to this field, I would really appreciate if anyone could guide be to an equivalent setup to the E800 system (motor, ESC and Prop). My intention is to have a quadrotor that is capable of an All up Weight of 3.2kg (like e800) and a maximum thrust of 2kg per axis.

Many Thanks and Cheers to all

4. RENOV8R

Tons of Youtube videos on the Ironman but offhand I'd say a standard heavy lifter build would be:

3508 380kv motors
    15.5" CF props (as bi as an Ironman will take)
    40 amp ESCs

5. BL Swagger

BL Swagger Well-Known Member

6. Leo Scicluna

Leo Scicluna Multirotor

That's right....

I got hold of the tarot 650 IRONMAN Frame and a DJI N3 Flight controller already, I'm now after a reliable Motor, ESC, Prop combination that will give me a stable quad (AUW 3.2kg and 2kg/axis max thrust) to operate in non ideal weather conditions with the longest hover time possible in the circumstances.

7. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

Sad day for me as I did not know these were discontinued. The e600 and e800 were a lot of quality for cheap.

Next best motors are right here. They do make higher quality motors too on that site if you are looking for the best of the best.
    http://store-en.tmotor.com/goods.php?id=354

Are you planning on a 6s power system?

8. Leo Scicluna

Leo Scicluna Multirotor

Yes the plan is to use a Lipo 6S power system.

The tmotor seem pretty robust

9. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

Very nice. 6s is highly efficient.

Hope to see images of this build as it comes together :)

10. RENOV8R

My top motor picks would be:
    T-Motor 3508 380kv - best
    Sunnysky V3508 380 kv - not as pricey but still decent

If you're on a budget, you could look at the Turnigy Multistar or Quanum MT

I personally have Quanum MT 3508 580KV motors on my Tarot 650 and over 2 years they have performed flawlessly

As for ESCs, I use the T-Motor Air only.
    https://www.getfpv.com/electronics/...s-esc/tiger-motor-air-esc-40a-600hz-2-6s.html

11. photojunky

photojunky Well-Known Member

I am in the process of rebuilding an Iron Man 650 as well. Post some images.

As for the multi Star Motors, I have eight of them and two of them may have had issues although I am not completely sure they were the cause of the crash. Seems I had some stray windings and arcing. Whether or not that was what caused the crash or what was caused by the crash, I will never know.