Prob. dumb cam. ? Help plz

Discussion in 'Tiny Whoops & Other Micro Quads' started by Jason S, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Jason S

Jason S New Member

I just got my new camera in mail and I've seen a lot of videos on how to wire the camera on but all the mini cams have only 2 wires one red one black so thats what a bought but the camera came to me with 4 wires red black blue and orange what am I to do with this now? Refund? or will this still work ? I just am trying to connect to a mini jjrc drone nothing speacle but trying to get a foot in the fpv door. Plz help jason.

2. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

My name isnt Jason, but I believe that is correct wires. The red and black go to power supply and the other 2 (sometimes white and yellow) go to the camera board that will send the signal out the antenna. My guess is some cameras come with the transmission board already attached so all it needs is power. The camera you got is probably made to be paired with a tx board.

Gyro Doctor likes this.
  3. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

:rolleyes: ... Make and model of camera ? Make and model of JJRC ? Type of video transmitter ?
    You can't just pop in a camera without having a transmitter to send the video with, is that part of the main board in the quad,
    built into the camera, or a separate unit? :confused:
    If you'll provide us with more specific information then we can probably tell you not only what wires to use but also exactly where they go. ;)

Jason S likes this.
  4. Jason S

Jason S New Member

The quad is a jjrc h-67 santa drone and the camera is a CM275T 5.8G 25mW 48CH NTSC/PAL Mini VTX 600TVL FPV

5. Jason S

Jason S New Member

I also got a cheap fpv receiver unbranded it's 5.8Ghz 150ch mini OTG video downlink VR for Android or Apple looks just like the eachean version

6. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Is this your vtx
    s-l400-1024x1024.jpg
    Although yours may have different wires the black & red are obviously power & ground, in your case orange is probably video & blue, audio. These would attach to an osd if you have one. So all you need to do is connect +- to a 5v source & its plug & play.. Just tune the Vrx in.

Jason S likes this.
  7. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Jason S and Spork like this.
  8. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Looks close to that but has 2 buttons on top one on each chip otherwise looks like that

9. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

If you just power it up, i should work.