Practice Drone fun

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Steven Campbell, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Steven Campbell

Steven Campbell Well-Known Member

20180205_192046.jpg

This is what I've put together for practicing with, having fun...

KentA, Jackson and Spork like this.
  2. Spork

Spork Well-Known Member

Nice, I was thinking of doing something similar. Which VTX/camera did you go with (or is it an all-in-one)? Did you get power from the quad or is that red strap to hold a battery for the VTX/camera?

GJH105775 likes this.
  3. Steven Campbell

Furibee 25mw all in one camera transmitter, strap is for a 1s 150 mah battery

The prop guards removed 7 grams of weight and the camera alone added 3 grams.

KentA and Spork like this.
  4. Spork

Spork Well-Known Member

Thanks. I’ll be looking into this after I get some goggles.

5. Steven Campbell

Just got my cheap goggles in the mail yesturday evening, just some Furibee goggles.

Didn't have the right connector to run them so I soldered on an XT60 connector.

I've ordered the parts to build a ground station.

Plan to build it into a Rigid 22" organizer case, they are sturdy and I have used them many times before to build things inside.

The plan is to build a mount so it can be mounted on a tripod, have a built in battery bank (12v 9ah SLA till I can get a good collection of 4S batteries), 7" duel input LCD with backlight, diversity reciever, multiple video outputs for goggles and screen, I have antenna extension cables, and I plan to use an extension pole to give some altitude to the antennas.

A side project I'm working on is building a paintball helmet system with built in FPV camera, transmitter, and long life battery.

From there I would also be having a basic reciever for each helmet and the goal is to link them all into a home security DVR and display screen.

The goal is a short range from ground level FPV display to have setup back at the staging area for new players to observe how experienced players play and have basic recording for players to view themselves. Side project...

Spork likes this.
  6. Steven Campbell

Side note I'll add in case anyone is concerned with heat buildup on the transmitter, a cooling blower/fan is part of my plans already.