Poll: Do you fly alone or with others?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Nemo, Sep 15, 2018.

Tags:
?

Looking back at the past 6 months, do you fly alone or with others?

1. I always fly alone

2. Most of the time I fly alone

3. I almost never fly alone

4. I always fly with others

5. Bonus, I fly alone or with just 1 buddy.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo New Member

Just curious, as I always fly alone recently.
    I know a group here in my region that flies together occasionally, but I can never find the right time to join them.
    And if so, then I have to wait in between flights because someone on my freq. is taking off.
    Flying alone solves that problem, you can rip all of your packs and be in the flow...

So, how about you? Am I the only one that has a preference of flying alone?

2. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister Finally in the ranks of the brushless!

I fly alone because I fly around my yard, don't know any others locally who fly quads, don't have an AMA membership to fly at a quad friendly club field 40 mins away and don't have a good set-up to charge my 2/3S batteries away from home.

Captain Nemo likes this.
  3. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

I fly most on my own but some times my wife will join for some helicopter flight lessons

Captain Nemo likes this.
  4. Tentoes

Tentoes Well-Known Member

Mostly alone.

Captain Nemo likes this.
  5. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Usually fly alone everyone has a lot of time constraints so maybe once a week or two weeks I'll find a time when both me and one of my couple buddies who fly are available. Haven't really checked into the groups too much around here as I'm not super social in the first place (I chat more on here and the esk8 forum than anywhere else).

Captain Nemo likes this.
  6. TimJoy

TimJoy Member

Most of the time I fly alon~ :D

Captain Nemo likes this.
  7. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

95% alone :(
    That means Im not breaking the law 5% of the time. So I'm not a full time criminal.

Dugdog47 and Captain Nemo like this.
  8. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

I'm a loner

Captain Nemo likes this.
  9. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo New Member

Thanks all for your replies.... I feel another question coming, maybe I should add a poll...
    Q: Does flying alone means that the average FPV pilot is not competitive?

10. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister Finally in the ranks of the brushless!

Nothing to be competitive against other than against the quality of my last flight.

11. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Not a racer, just acro.

12. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Think we're a pretty small group on this forum from what I've seen it seems like most people are into flying for acrobatic and just for fun but not as competitive. I've tried playing against people in velocidrone but typically get wrecked in racing so my guess is that would mostly translate to real life as well but I do have some interest in getting into multi-gp at some point (just not there yet with race flying). Personally also just enjoy acro flying stress free cruising. For a few members it seems they are mostly into the aerial photography aspect rather than or along with manual flight.

13. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

No it means your be joining Moz in jail for your 5%punishment

mozquito1 likes this.
  14. 2Hover

2Hover Member

Am I the only one that has a preference of flying alone?[/QUOTE] Since my 1st quad, I've been been.flying alone. Now with my 4th, mostly I'm still solo, practicing for better control, and video.

15. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Most of my flying is alone, and usually just a quick test flight and setup before I hand it off to a customer. But I did just get the FPV Air 2 sim and intend on putting in a few hours and see if I can get half decent at flying. They do have quite a few races in my area and I just happen to have a nice MultiGP quad sitting on the bench collecting dust.

mozquito1 likes this.
  16. Tentoes

Tentoes Well-Known Member

I try to be a drone photographer.

mozquito1 likes this.