Photo Memory Cards

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by HiDesertHal, Feb 28, 2018.

1. HiDesertHal

HiDesertHal Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I just received my Hubsan X4 H501S, and since I plan to take a few aerial snapshots, I'd like to ask what capacity of memory card to buy.
    I don't plan to do video filming.

Thanks,
    Hal

2. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Jackson likes this.
  3. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

Get a "Class 10" card if you plan on making any videos.
    The upper limit on how many megs you buy is dictated by what the camera can handle. ;)

4. HiDesertHal

HiDesertHal Well-Known Member

The camera I refer to is a module built into my Hubsan X4 Quadcopter, with no camera specs in the manual. o_O

(Licensed Electronic Tech for 2 years in the US Army, plus 36 years in the Boeing test labs...had Secret Clearance and FCC Radiotelephone License with Boeing...38 years total. Congrats on your E.T. time!)

Thanks,
    HDesertHal

Gyro Doctor likes this.
  5. roger jones

roger jones Well-Known Member

Just spent the last 20 minutes googling @HiDesertHal, I expected to find the answer quickly I found a small reference to a micro SD card. i was sure the user manual would have a using the camera section! It sounds like a cleaver drone. Tempted to suggest you go with @Spork s idea. ans start with 8gb card, it will be cheap compared to you drone price and fine to get you started.

6. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

Thank you and likewise ! :)
    For me it all started when I was in elementary school, I was always taking apart my toys for their parts and
    making new ones ... lol ... my Dad, recognizing the talent, took a very active part in my schooling above and beyond
    the requirements of my respective grades. If the study was to learn my multiplication tables up to ten, he'd make me
    learn them up to 20. I hated it at the time, but I'm glad he gave me "that edge". He also taught me math analysis before
    I even new what that was, pointing out the patterns found in math and the "tricks" to deriving answers by those means
    without needing such extensive calculations, which he also insisted be performed "in my head" because pencil and paper
    (nevermind calculators) "was for sissies" ... lmao ... :p

Oh, and your Hubsan will handle up to a 32GB class 10 card ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Spork and roger jones like this.