Parts list for my first build. HELP PLEASEEE.

Discussion in 'First Build' started by hug_dealer :D, Jun 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. hug_dealer :D

hug_dealer :D Active Member

Hi all. i am currently in the process of choosing my parts for my drone that i am hoping to make myself. I would like the following features:
    GPS missions that i can program using my laptop or phone (i dont mind either way!).
    Return to home/auto stability.
    A camera feed on a monitor with signal percentage and other statistics, such as altitude and speed, and maybe distance from where it started.
    My budget is £600, and i have chosen my frame already. It is the s500 frame from unmanned tech store. Can somebody make a parts list with my required specs please? I can invest an extra £50 maximum

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

3. hug_dealer :D

4. hug_dealer :D

Can u make a more high end list plz?

5. RENOV8R

MIM-HEADACHE.jpg

mozquito1 likes this.
  6. hug_dealer :D

Ok bye then.... i will find a more helpful human

mozquito1 likes this.
  7. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

8. mdm

mdm Member

Your threads reminds me of the HomeAdviser ads. "Get me references, set up interviews,...". If you don't have time to do some research how will you ever find the time to buy and assemble the parts? When will you fly it once you get it done?

9. RENOV8R

Dude, you're not getting the message. We're not here to do your work for you. You need to do the research yourself, you'll need the knowledge to go anywhere in this very complex hobby. Do the research, make a parts list of what you've decided on and post your list. We'll be more than happy to give you advice on what will work and what you'll need to change. We'll also be here when you start your build and run into problems. Which you will. If that's not good enough for you then sorry

10. hug_dealer :D

Ok thanks. I will do it tonight ☺

11. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

There is no mean ppl on this site.
    Just a bunch of ol farts with a dry sense of humour. o_O
    If you want a photography or media platform then IMO a 400mm frame.
    Bigger = more stable.
    2212motors 950kv- 1200kv
    I would opt for the inav fcb & GPS.
    8"-10' props, preferably carbon.
    30Amp blheli esc's.
    Most components are compatible these days. So have a look around.

12. hug_dealer :D

Ok thanks. Any specific lists u could compile with my specific requirements? This frame i specifically want for a hybrid drone (basic photography and flying for fun too)

13. BL Swagger

BL Swagger Well-Known Member

Why not just buy a DJI like everybody else?

14. hug_dealer :D

Want a challenge.... and i can repair this if it breaks. Dji will be unfixable probably. Could u make a parts list plz?

15. BL Swagger

Hmm ok... only because I already have a list to go off for myself.. I planned on putting a Pixhawk FC on a Tarot Ironman frame in the future. Pixhawk Flightcontroller with MissionPlanner may be a little better than iNav.

x1 Pixhawk Flight Controller

x1GPS Module

x4 Emax 905kv Brushless motors

x4 Hobbywing Skywalker 50A ESC

x1 FrSky Taranis X9D w/ X8R Receiver

x1 5000 mah Lipo Battery

The above items will get your quad flying... as far as the gimbal... goodluck getting your desired results with wifi FPV... but heres a few options that work well w/ GoPro.. and GoPro can provide live video to your phone.

Option 1
    Option 2
    Option 3

I would recommend trying to throw a FPV setup on it, as well though, if you want better FPV results.

x1 Runcam Eagle Camera

x1 Matek VTX

You will have a difficult time finding everything you need within your price range from UK stores.. sorry. But Banggood has good customer service from my experience. Just takes 2-3 weeks to arrive. You can always check your UK stores, and use this list as a guide.

So while you wait on the parts to come, you can research how to assemble them.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  16. RENOV8R

BL Swagger likes this.
  17. hug_dealer :D

How does the gimbal work? Does it work with my radio?

18. RENOV8R

Yes, you can control tilt, pan and roll from your radio. But note that you will need a radio such as the Taranis X9D Plus that has LOTS of channels, sliders and pots.

19. BL Swagger

I have a question myself... is telemetry needed for control of the gimbal? I haven't looked into that aspect very much yet.. I have seen people adding control to different switches. #ThreadTakeOver

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    hug_dealer :D likes this.
  20. RENOV8R

There's really no "control" of GPS, it's just a function of the flight controller. You can however select different flight modes such as GPS, Attitude, Manual etc depending on what flight controller you are using