Off Topic Section

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mike, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Trap Shooter

Trap Shooter Member

2. Trap Shooter

Trap Shooter Member

Sorry, but I saw funny pics posted, so I figured why not. Another forum
    I belong too has a thread on off topic just for funny pics.

3. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

My true passion is float fishing for big rainbow trout. Pretty lucky here in Canada that we get big runs of these majestic fish! ws.jpg

Gyro Doctor and Jackson like this.
  4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

RENOV8R likes this.
  5. RENOV8R

Yes, I'd love to do some steelhead fishing in the Pacific Northwest one day. Beautiful country. And I agree, the fishing just gets better once the cold weather sets in. Plus it weeds out the wannabees hahahaha

6. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

I've always been a "hotrodder"............only limit was self-imposed..........it's just toys. My last serious 4 wheeled hot rod........the "Black Rat"................

black rat 1.jpg

7. RENOV8R

'vette?

8. dragger201

Yep, '63.................

Rick M likes this.
  9. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

You lucky man what a beast

Rick M and dragger201 like this.
  10. Jackson

Back in 1967 I used to race in the 'Golden Knights' class at Raceway Park in Illinois. It was a stock 6 class.

Raceway right 1.jpg Raceway left -0001.jpg

I paid $75 for the '57 Chevy, had a total of about $150 in the thing. The feature race was usually stopped at least 3 times to clear the wrecks off the track. Never won a race, but I always finished in the money. Don't have a pic from the end of the season by then the year was unrecognizable. :)

11. Jackson

I should add the stock fuel tank could not used, they wanted a 5 gallon, max, double wall one in the trunk behind a firewall. Picked mine up one night behind McDonalds, remember this was 1967 . The inspectors had a good laugh.

Milk can ca995.jpg

My seat belts (lap only) came out of a junk yard bus, the floor was so rusted I has to attach through the floor to a chain wrapped around the frame, which later became mandatory for all cars after a few folks got hurt. I was a kid working at a gas station then which made the whole endever easy. People would show up with engines that were obviously not stock, the resident hillbillies would have 'a talk' with them after the race. It was a 1/4 mile track, I never got it out of 2nd gear. One trick I always used was to avoid a stopped wreck (there were lots, of the 30 cars starting the race about 12 would finish. The first ten paid paid a few bucks) was to cut through the infield, those who went wide usually ended up out of the money. Ah the good 'ol days, cheap and crazy fun.

Gyro Doctor and Rick M like this.
  12. dragger201

Thanks Neil.......it was. Without the front clip, off the line I could mash the throttle and pick up the front end..........

Rick M likes this.
  13. dragger201

Hey Jackson.................my water pump in that 'Vette was the water pump out of a washing machine.............

Rick M and Jackson like this.
  14. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Now these are really big boys toys ,you guys were so lucky the only V8 we could get was a buick V8 resleeved down to 3500 cc out of a rover , I did manage to get my hands on a 5.8 mustang 1968 was hard to get parts in the UK in them days easy now

Rick M and dragger201 like this.
  15. Jackson

The good old days.

Train your wife_zps2blkj0t5.jpg

For real men....

Action pants ba10.jpg

16. dragger201

Yeah, that's great, Jackson. I started this with my wife...............and it worked out very well..................once I got out of ICU..........

Jackson likes this.
  17. Jackson