Not your average Chameleon

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Taylor, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Taylor

Taylor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so concerned with these values if I could at least get off the ground and the quad would level out. I know when on the ground the FC thinks the quad isn't level and therefore tries to compensate with raising/lowering motor speed and that all makes sense. I have also checked the trims on my tx, but as soon as I tap the throttle, immediately flips... I don't mean to double/triple post, just want to make sure I provide all of the information I have. Thanks guys!

2. Taylor

Taylor Well-Known Member

Thank you for the extremely detailed response, that was very informative and helpful. I will hook up the quad again when I get home and pay attention to which motors spin up/down when I tilt it to make sure that everything is oriented correctly.

3. Taylor

Taylor Well-Known Member

IT FLIES!!!! :D Thank you Wafflejock for the idea of testing the motors individually... My issue ended up being that the PDB was flipped 180 from where it needed to be... so when I tested motor 1 in GUI, motor 4 would spin on my quad... I flipped the board around and resoldered everything, sure enough it actually hovered today! I think I even let out a little schoolgirl scream lol Thank you truly to everyone that has helped me with this build, I appreciate it so much! I did record the "maiden" flight/hover so if I can get some more useful footage I will combine it all and post it.

wafflejock likes this.
  4. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Lol glad you worked it out and got it in the air, as the YouTubers say happy flying! I'm waiting on a new CF frame since I finally broke an arm on my plastic 250mm but still have my micro just a bit windy to fly outside today.

Taylor likes this.
  5. Taylor

Taylor Well-Known Member

This thing has been a blast! I got about 7 packs through until I had a minor crash on some pavement and fried 2 ESCs... oops! But I have seriously been considering picking up a smaller quad as a back up. What micro do you have?

6. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Can see mine in the threads below second thread I was complaining about a lot of problems with the first one they sent me so not sure I would really recommend but the second version they sent had some different components and was pretty good especially given the price.

http://quadcopterforum.com/threads/more-micro-cruising.16443/
    http://quadcopterforum.com/threads/kingkong-90gt-the-regular-park-dvr-from-hdos.16409/

7. Taylor

Taylor Well-Known Member

Nice! That thing is pretty quick! I'll have to look into it for the future. What battery are you running?

I actually ended up buying an Inductrix FPV Plus today. My cousin works at my local hobby store and was able to get me a friends and family discount (10% off), so I couldn't help myself! So far I love this little thing. It's perfect for indoors, especially in Florida where it seems to rain 6" every day this time of year...