Newbie rant..... light on fully charge or light off ???

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by davidhk129, Apr 11, 2019.

1. davidhk129

davidhk129 Well-Known Member

OK. I have drones when being charged, the ubs charger light is On, Off when fully charged.
    Then I have drones doing the exact opposite.
    I can never remember which applies to which drone.
    I always have to refer to the manual each time I recharge a battery, especially when recharging multiple batteries at the same time.
    Why can't the manufacturers make this "On/Off" fiasco universal ?
    Come on, guys !

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Don't worry, you're addicted to this hobby now. It won't be long and you'll have real quads, real lipos and a real battery charger.;)

wafflejock likes this.
  3. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Haha I was going to say the same about having a balance charger and or parallel charge boards that show the actual voltage etc. but I rail on people here about getting hobby grade stuff already a lot, it does make everything a lot easier though when you can flash your own firmware updates and modify config on things, toy grade stuff you typically just get whatever they put in the box and are stuck if that isn't exactly what you wanted (that said I'm glad there are people exploring the cheaper options and sharing their experience too, might get myself one of the optical flow ones davidhk linked in the other thread).

Regarding the original post hoping for Chinese companies to standardize on user interface/experience things is a pipe dream for sure, if it saves them $0.01 to make the light stay off while charging they'll probably do it. Only reason anything is the same is because of rampant cloning :p

RENOV8R likes this.