New Member from Raleigh, NC Area

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by David Whitehurst, Sep 13, 2018.

1. David Whitehurst

David Whitehurst New Member

Hi, I'm David Whitehurst and I live in Fuquay Varina, NC near Raleigh. I got an ANET A8 3d printer and found the Peon230 racing FPV. I'm hooked! I'm still building and I've gotten to the point of TX/RX pairing and using OpenPilot ground control setup. Something is wrong currently because after the setup, I can't power the motors with just the battery and Tarranis QX7. I set and checked them during the setup. I'll figure it out. Anyone flying at Dorathea Dix in Raleigh here on this forum? If so contact me. I want to find others to learn from. I'm also flying a simulator some now as I finish my build.

Thanks,

David

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum David, are you being affected by the hurricane?

3. David Whitehurst

David Whitehurst New Member

RENOV8R:

We're getting lots of wind and rain. It's just started here. We have a generator and I have an FCC license, but I would sympathize with anyone getting any of my morse code, lol. My neighbors have chain saws and we have lots of pine trees. We're prepared and I'm looking forward for it to pass. :)

4. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

My son is in Wake Forest...looks like the worst of it should pass well south of you guys. The question will be how much rain you're going to get.

5. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Yes, watching CNN this AM and it seems to have tracked south. Stay safe!

Rick M likes this.