Need help finding batteries for Syma X5A-1

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by needhelp, Jan 3, 2018.

1. needhelp

needhelp New Member

My daughter received a Syma X5A-1 for Christmas. We have tried twice ordering a battery charging station and both have been wrong. The wrong size and the wrong connector. As I have been looking online for the proper battery, I can find the correct size, but upon looking at the pictures, they all seem to have the wrong connector. Any ideas?

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

This one s-l1000-768x826.jpg
    Same as what mine had. 3.7v but I trimmed the battery compartment to accept a bigger battery, 500mah.

3. needhelp

needhelp New Member

the one above doesn't seem to be the correct connector...the one we have on the battery that came with the drone is red and doesn't have the silver showing on the back. the silver is on the sides with ours. this is what we have...

IMG_0658.jpg IMG_0659.jpg IMG_0660.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  4. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

Search on Amazon for "Syma X5HC battery" and see if those aren't the same connector. I think they are. You can find them in sizes from 500mah to 1200mah (which they advertise for the X5HC, but wonder if it will fit yours. It not the 680mah ones should)

5. Digit01

Digit01 Member

The 5A seems to have a different connector as you pointed out! It says that x5c use the same charger for both 5a and 5c models but if you look at the end connectors they are different. so you probably only need this.

Syma X5HC X5HW RC Quadcopter Spare Parts 1pcs Battery adapter cable Charger adapter cable

sorry can not yet post Links!

6. Digit01

Digit01 Member

post 2

7. Digit01

Digit01 Member

post3

8. Digit01

Digit01 Member

9. Digit01

Digit01 Member

10. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Not ideal but you could buy a different female connector & swap it,
    then take your pick of battery's to match.
    Other than that keep searching, but I've never seen one of them before.

11. needhelp

needhelp New Member

Thank you so much for your help!!!