Micro to Mini Mod

Discussion in 'Experimentation' started by Scooter, May 16, 2016.

1. Scooter

Scooter New Member

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this, or if it's been answered prior.

I've been flying JJRC quads predominantly, and after almost 2 years I have a nice collection of broken quads and spare parts. Thus, I do a lot of modding :D.

I have removed the guts from a wrecked 1000A and want to mount them in an H8C body. I'd like to try using the motors from the C, but I don't know if the 1000A board can power/control them. Does anyone know where I can find the specs on the 1000A?

2. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C6 Moderator

@Mike H.

3. Mike H.

Mike H. Toy Quad Builder

The JJRC 1000 boards a great match to 7mm motors with say the quad size of a X5...Ive seen them used with 8mm motors but not with very big props...i think the board can handle the neighborhood of 15 amps total for 4 motors..so around 3.5 amps per motor..Not sure what the h8c motors pull using the props they do....One of two things would happen if you try it..it either goes into LVC early due to not being able to supply the demand or it goes up in smoke if it gets too hot...Best way ive learned is just do it and see what happens...Hope it works out for you.