Looking to upgrade

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by john black, Apr 20, 2016.

1. john black

john black New Member

I am pretty new to the quadcopter world, but for the past few months I have been using a Dromida Ominus. I like it, but I'm looking to upgrade to something a little more substantial, but not overly complicated to control. What suggestions does anyone have as a good upgrade to move to ?

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

How much do you want to spend , you can build a nice multimeter ,if you don't want an off the self one

3. john black

john black New Member

300-400$ is what I'm looking at right now. If it's something I can build piece by piece, I'm willing to do that. It would be a good learning experience.

4. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Building a kit or putting one together will teach you allot, I enjoy building and fixing as much as I do flying. What size craft are you looking for and what do you want to use it for. You could build an h-frame 250 size racer for what you're willing to spend or for a few bucks more, a larger more stable quad for aerial photography

5. john black

john black New Member

Stable is what I'm looking for. I live in an area that has a lot of wind.

6. holtneil

Hi mate look at Hobby king web site they have the tarot 650 lovely frame , and the xyz m with GPS at a really nice price ,a lot of the guys have started to use xyz m as its cheaper loads cheaper than the DJI naza m and as good

RENOV8R likes this.
  7. RGJameson

RGJameson Hanging in there...

Buy and Fly is my suggestion, especially these days as China has jumped in feet first with a lot of nice quadcopters.

8. holtneil

Not as much fun as building ,also if you build you should be able to upgrade parts if needed later on

RENOV8R likes this.
  9. SlyBazzle

SlyBazzle Member

So I've read about 3rd party builders who will work within predetermined budgets and I kind of had the same line of thinking that you're going with about all the valuable knowledge I'll gain but at the same time I know where RG is coming from also. I'll tell you this though, there won't be anything fun about me spending hundreds of dollars and a ton of hours to build a quad that doesn't fly though lol.

What kind of time are you putting into something like a 250 build, if you don't mind me asking?

10. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Amen. :)

11. Gabriel Yee

Gabriel Yee Well-Known Member

HEHEHE SO true!