Looking for pointers!

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Rook223, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Rook223

Rook223 Member

ive been flying for a few months with a RTF drone and want to start building my own ZMR or QAV from the ground up. I think I have the motors and props I want, but I'm seeing a wide variety of flight controllers, ESC's, and such at various price points. my question is; is there a lot of variation in these? is it something worth spending the extra money? if I need to cheep out where is it ok, and where do I need to spend a bit more? any pointers or references are appreciated =)

also I'm heading toward 250race or freestyle in my design

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Take a peek at this nicely done guide.

3. Rook223

Rook223 Member

that is a great video, I like that he talks about why he is picking the parts, but I still want to better know what all the differences are, I suppose that comes with research and time :)

thankyou for the share!

4. Rook223

Rook223 Member

ive attached a few pics of some of the parts for a build I'm gonna try, most of it is adopted from the above video. If there are any compatibility issues or if you see any places I could upgrade for a better "bang for your buck" please share =)

I already have a Fat shark headset I'm going to use for FPV =)

(if I'm making any newb mistakes please point them out before I cause myself more grief than necessary) thanks a bunch!

RC1.jpg rc2.jpg

5. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

6. Wildwelder

Wildwelder Well-Known Member

And a fpv camera/ vtx setup. And a thousand props. (J/k but do buy spare props for sure) other than that youre lookin pretty good.

7. Rook223

Rook223 Member

woops, I missed my camera. This is what was recommended https://goo.gl/nwk9q1
    Foxeer HS1190 Arrow V2 2.8mm 600TVL CCD OSD NTSC/PAL IR Block/IR Sensitive FPV Camera
    however I couldn't find how wide the angle is? that's the biggest problem I have with my current camera is a small field of view. maybe I'm lookin for the wrong numbers?

8. Wildwelder

Wildwelder Well-Known Member