Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Eddieb378, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Eddieb378

Eddieb378 Member

I like many got a drone for Christmas and love to fly it! This is the one I got.https://www.radioshack.com/collections/drones/products/radioshack-8-75-inch-zexara-2-0-camera-drone it's a tough one but it only has 5 minutes of flying time. I want to build me one that fits my needs. I would like a drone around 16 inchs or 400 mm or so and I would like to have a live camera on it! I do not care about speed or tricks as I just want to hover around and maybe get between 15-10 minutes of flight time! My question is can this be achieved by a newbie? Also when it says it uses wifi to connect the camera to the phone what does that mean? I am pretty sure you can stream with out your house hold wifi right? Sorry for the dumb questions but I am very new!

2. MrkThMn

MrkThMn Member

I'm not super familiar with all the different options out there but I did want to throw out there that when it says it uses Wifi, it's doesnt use your home wifi, It's actually creating its own signal for your phone to connect to. I believe GoPro cameras do this same thing to allow you to see what the GoPro is looking at Live (helps with aiming it and such). With the drone you would turn the wifi on and then when you went to available wifi networks on your phone you would see the drones wifi network listed there. Once connected it would send it's video feed over that network to your phone. I know my Panasonic GH4 DSLR uses wifi to allow me to control the camera hands free like a remote to reduce movement or to even start it recording from further away. It's a really handy feature, haha. Hope that helps!

3. Eddieb378

Eddieb378 Member

Thanks for the reply! It helps a lot!

4. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi mate there should be a link in the manual for the phone software app download it then go into the wifi on your phone search the camera once you find it link up ,Now open the app to link camera to your phone now your good to go