Just brought my first FPV drone and I can't even bind it

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Kurruptt, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Kurruptt

Kurruptt New Member

Hey guys I am brand new to this but feel I will be hanging around a lot here because there is heaps of good advice on these forums.

I have been searching for some help for getting started I am just trying to get my quad binded to my transmitter and I feel I have made some buying mistakes.

I brought an emax hawk 5 with an XM+ receiver built in which I believe is FRsky? Now me being a SUPERNOOB I brought a flysky transmitter thinking the reciever for just bind up.. but no.

I did get a FS X68 receiver with the transmitter. I see that my flysky trans will not bind up to the FRsky rec. Should I buy a new transmitter or change over the receiver and if I change the receiver I can see it will be a tight fit.. any issues I should expect and how does the old receiver come off??

As you can tell I am really new to this and have been looking for hours trying to figure this out..

Any help would be amazing Thanks
    Dene

Attached Files:

• c.jpg
      c.jpg
      File size:
      928.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. Kurruptt

Kurruptt New Member

here is a size comparasion

Attached Files:

• b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      97.2 KB
      Views:
  3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

If you don't plan to fly too far away,
    Get an A8S. They are tiny with decent range for the size. or Ia6c is pretty slim if you take the case off. Turnigy, flysky = bangood brand. They have decent kit.

4. Kurruptt

Kurruptt New Member

Thanks for that :)

5. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C6 Moderator

Buying Frsky would be nice, though just getting into the hobby that would probably be a bad idea. Can you just connect the Rx that came with the transmitter to the quadcopter are the connections different?

Also, I have an Emax Babyhawk. Fun little thing to fly for sure.

6. Kurruptt

Kurruptt New Member

It looks like the Rx is soldered in as I brought a RTF version for my first. I think the connections are different.. I could be wrong? Just hard being so new to everything I am not 100% sure what I am looking at

7. mozquito1

Yes you can. Just unsolder the 3 wires if need be. +- & signal.

8. mozquito1

I bought the cheap i6 but I was more than happy with it for 3years & just upgraded to the evo. I recently gave it away as a present. Well angling to get a spotter.