Is there any idea how many are planning on complying with the new Registration Rule?

Discussion in 'Safety & Regulation' started by Skybird, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

I know the AMA told it's what is it like 20k members to hold off on registration, but is there any idea how many out there will comply? I myself don't own anything that's 250g or more, yet lol.

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

I don't know what the big deal is, with all the pervasive, extensive information gathering in the US this seems rather benign. How many times have we seen folks advising to put you name/number/address ect. on your quad in case of flyaways?

I'll be signing up before the deadline to get my $5 back. Do note you don't even need to affix your number on the outside. If you don't need a tool to open the battery compartment you can tuck your number in there.

And why hasn't the AMA actually done anything instead of just blowing smoke? Here's an organization that takes in 10M+/year.

Gramps likes this.
  3. Jonny

Jonny Active Member

I signed up last night. It was probably my least painful experience with the government thus far (that isn't really saying much I guess haha).

Anyways, 5 bucks covers all the UAVs you own for three years and I'm basically agreeing to not do things I wouldn't do anyways. I agree with Jackson, I don't see what the big deal is.

4. UAGavin

UAGavin New Member

As of January 22nd, the FAA has processed nearly 300,000 registrations. That's something like a third of the total hobbyist population. Not bad.

Regarding the pushback, registration standards have existed in aviation for many years. Not sure why people thought that would cease to be the case with robotic aircraft.

5. Gramps

Gramps Well-Known Member

Hobbyist population is that all that own an RC aircraft or ones that own one that needs to be registered?
    Myself I have both, I registered and put my reg # on everything 250mm and above.

6. Nightowl

Nightowl Member

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  7. Technut

Technut Active Member

I singed up right af term the site came up. No big deal and alot cheaper than paying a fine. Bought a Dymo lable maker and printed out copies for all my quads. Just no big deal!

8. mozquito1

mozquito1 Smoking props, 3 packs a week the fun never stops.

The big deal is you can't race over a certain speed, weight. If your into photography you can't get good shots of certain things. It will kill small businesses spoil people's fun. Just what government is all about.