Inductrix board compatibility question (excuse noobism)

Discussion in 'Build & Tune' started by FPVwannaB, Sep 25, 2017.

1. FPVwannaB

FPVwannaB Active Member

I tried to ask this on another forum and I got crickets, it might be a dumb question.

Will a the Blade Inductrix (tiny whoop) board run 8.5mm motors? I have one and I have a Parrot mambo frame and motors...

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi the tiny whoop runs cordless motors ,if the motors you have brushless then no as you need a ESC for each motor and I don't think the signal from that board will be compatible with an ESC

3. FPVwannaB

FPVwannaB Active Member

Oh sorry they are 8.5x20mm brushed motors, not the brushless kind.

4. Jeff Neese

Jeff Neese Well-Known Member

Yes, it will "run" them, meaning that the quad will work and probably even get off the ground. How well it flies is another matter. That board is tuned specifically for the Inductrix and putting it on a different size frame, with different size props, different COG, etc., is a crap shoot. It may be unstable (wobbly) or difficult to control. On the other hand, it could work great. People use the Nano QX board on various other frames and sometimes get good results, so it's worth a try.

The other thing I'd worry about is current draw. The larger motors draw more current and the Inductrix board may or may not be able to handle it without burning out. Again, worth a try but only if you can afford to lose the board.

holtneil likes this.