Idiots keep happening!

Discussion in 'Quadcopters In The News' started by ArmyVet, Jan 27, 2018.

1. ArmyVet

ArmyVet Well-Known Member

Spork likes this.
  2. ArmyVet

3. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

This "hold my beer" crap is gonna screw us all. And of course the folks doing this know better then all the rest of us until they get caught and then it's all "I didn't know, I'm so innocent". Not just with drones, have seen it in other things(cars?) and makes me thing some times that "We the People" need to bring back horse whippings.....................

4. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Exactly, this is part of why I'm big on being legal with my hobbies - especially when the hobby has elements that can be dangerous when done irresponsibly.

My son and I got into MilSim style Airsoft years ago using full-metal replica weapons. Very cool stuff and very safe when used responsibly. Unfortunately, all the people that thought it would be cool to shoot at each other in public parks and neighborhoods ruined the hobby for many. It increasingly became such a pain in the ass to travel to the dwindling number of places we could play, we said screw it and moved on to other things.

The same thing is going to happen with drones if we don't do our part.

Oh and this:
    [​IMG]

dragger201 and ArmyVet like this.
  5. ArmyVet

[QUOTE="full-metal replica weapons. "

Funny pic, but probably true!

I have seen some of that "airsoft" stuff. Way cool looking. There is an M-14 one I would love to get! Full Auto too!:cool:

As to our problem, we need to generate a self-policing mentality. Peer pressure. Otherwise, the gubment will continue with more onerous laws and regulations..

Spork and dragger201 like this.
  6. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

Bill, can we use howitzers for enforcement???

Spork and ArmyVet like this.
  7. ArmyVet

You would be the SME for that;)

But, we might want to soften up the area first with CS.

Common Sense will never work. ughhh

dragger201 and Spork like this.
  8. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

They are a lot of fun. I have an M4/M16 and my son has an MP5. Both are very fun on full-auto. In fact, I just got mine out of the attic the other day to clean it and get it ready for sale to turn into my next quad :)

Agree on the self-policing, although I think educating ourselves and newcomers on the sites we hang out on is just as important.

ArmyVet likes this.
  9. ArmyVet

[QUOTE="educating ourselves and newcomers on the sites we hang out on is just as important.[/QUOTE]

Roger That!

Spork and dragger201 like this.
  10. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

11. ArmyVet

holtneil and Spork like this.
  12. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

I agree, but maybe these will work for the fast guys?

ArmyVet likes this.
  13. ArmyVet

Looks good...............Butttttt.

I am thinking one of these.:p

Amazing thing is that this can intercept artillery, mortar rounds and rockets (Navy has used their version for anti-air for years)

Drones would be a piece of cake. :rolleyes:

holtneil, dragger201 and Spork like this.
  14. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Now that is impressive! I mean the whole system but even the ammo loading mechanism shot made me smile.

ArmyVet likes this.
  15. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

On my way home today from flying my quad and guess what I see flying over the highway?

.....if you guessed a quad, you would be correct.

Some idiot was flying his drone over a busy highway right in the city. I just thought "this hobby isn't going to be legal much longer."

A 20mm gatlin gun with auto tracking would've came in handy today.:D

ArmyVet and Spork like this.
  16. ArmyVet

Never ceases to amaze.............:(

Maybe we should all chip in and buy one and start a Vigilante Posse hahaha

Spork likes this.
  17. LHazleton

LHazleton Bugs 2C, Future 1(Q333B), some nano's

justdon, ArmyVet and Spork like this.
  18. justdon

justdon Active Member

Although iam new to this hobby I fear this might get shut down before I realy get a chance to enjoy it.Places I use to go to practice at within the last few months have become off limits.Its becoming almost impossible in some instances to find a place in my area to fly.And jackasses seem to continue to push the limits.I have seriously stop looking at other drones to purchase.The hubsan 501s I just ordered may be the last drone I purchse for a while before I see where things are headed with our hobby.

19. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Find a friendly farmer and use his field , I fly on a field that's owned by the solicitor who works for the FAA so have to behave

20. ArmyVet

It's truly unfortunate. And sucks too
    You could join an RC FLYING CLUB. They typically have club fields. Buy that does rob you of all the scenery in the rest of the world. Ughh

In some hobbies like Ham Radio self enforcement works to a point. We need to firmly discourage the questionable behaviour of the minority idiots. And report their transgressions.

Good luck and have fun.
    Bill

dragger201 and Spork like this.