Hubsan X4 H107L

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by Gramps, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Gramps

Gramps Well-Known Member

Just got a Hubsan X4 H107l after charginging the battery, calibrating the gyros I took it for a test flight. Was inside so wind wasn't an issue. It flew level on take off with very little stick needed to keep the heading. The only issue I have is the yaw drifts to the left. It will go to the 11-10 o'clock once or twice it went always to 9 o'clock. If you hang on and keep flying (which is hovering for me) it might return to 12 o'clock.

According to the manual to trim the yaw you land it for 3 sec. This had no effect on mine. Tried Google to see if this was an issue or maybe a fix. Nothing and nothing was mentioned in any of the reviews I read or watched.

So I'm trying to figure out if I have a dude or that's just the way it flies.

Thomas in Niagara likes this.
  2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Take it outside and do some real flying.

3. Gramps

Gramps Well-Known Member

Got to learn to walk before you can fly

4. Gramps

Gramps Well-Known Member

Had a mixup at Amazon and another H107L showed up in my mailbox today. Took it out of the box and bound it to the TX I was using. Put it into a hover and it performed well, the yaw behaved just like my other 2 quads.

The 1st one had the prop guard on it so I took it off. Went into hover and it was much better but the yaw still drifted some but not near as much as with the blade guard.

Next step put the blade guard on the 2nd one and see what happens.

5. RGJameson

RGJameson Hanging in there...

This your 3rd quad and all you do is hover?

6. Gramps

Gramps Well-Known Member

Yes but I got the 1st one on 11/11/15

7. Gramps

Gramps Well-Known Member

With the blade guard on #2 it flew the same as without the blade guard. I'm thinking it either has a weak motor or a problem with the FC.

8. RGJameson

RGJameson Hanging in there...

Just for the heck of it try recalibrating again with a very small stack of paper under the left side motors.

9. Gramps

Gramps Well-Known Member

I recalibrated it several times in different places with in the house. Same result, the paper trick didn't work either. It was new so I just returned it. Maybe I'll get another one when the H107 Plus comes out.

10. B3Master

B3Master Well-Known Member

Try the other transmitter, could be faulty...

11. Gramps

Gramps Well-Known Member

Tried that too made no difference. I had just bought it so I returned it, problem solved. ;-)