Hubsan H502S Desire "CIRCLE FLY" ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nopeda, Aug 11, 2017.

1. nopeda

nopeda Member

I tried recording some video with a Hubsan FPV X4 H502S Desire for the first time this evening and after pressing the video button got a message on the controller screen that said: CIRCLE FLY. I had put a 2GB mini SD card in the card slot that in the past had worked with a Syma X5C and it seemed to fit okay, but there was no video or photo on it when I checked later. Can anyone explain what happened?

Thank you for any help trying to learn this stuff!
    David

2. ArmyVet

ArmyVet Well-Known Member

Did it try to fly in a circle?

Is there a "Circle Fly" button??

See where I am going?

Of course I could be wrong. I have been wrong once this year already:p

Have fun
    Bill

3. nopeda

nopeda Member

Thanks Bill I do see. But it didn't fly in a circle and there is no circle fly button. The video button brought that up. From my pov it is still much fun. It does have GPS and does return home, and is very stable and solid compared to everything I've tried before. It maintains altitude and position, and has a viewer like a cell phone screen built into the controller. Even with a moderate wind you can put it in place and it stays there, then you can pan it around (whatever that's actually called in flying world) while you watch the video display and don't have to worry about where it's wondering away to. The others I've tried you have to try to keep them in place every second.

I contacted their tech support and they sent the following info in case it can ever help anyone else:

up to 16GB Class 10 formatted to FAT32 . . .
    http://www.wikihow.com/Format-FAT32 . . .
    Hubsan LA Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00 PM Pacific Time 909-444-055
    Email: Anne.Lu@Hubsan.com / Kevin.Chen@Hubsan.com

I hope they meant at least more than up to on the size because the one I ordered is 64GB I think...hopefully it can't be too big? Can it?

ArmyVet likes this.
  4. ArmyVet

I just checked out the specs on that Hubsan FPV X4 H502S. That is pretty nice for the price WOW.

I think I need a fifth quad..........haha

Good Luck!

Bill

5. nopeda

nopeda Member

I'm thinking about getting a Phantom 3, but so far can't afford an advanced. I could swing enough to buy a standard but other people have encourage me not to because of the range limitation. Do you think it's that big a deal between the 2 versions? I've seen that you can get range extenders for the standard, but then have also seen warnings that there are hazards with that like you have to keep the controller aimed just right.

6. ArmyVet

If range in a consistent manner is important, than yes you will probably not be happy with the standard.

I have the standard and mostly fly at the home. We are surrounded by 24 acres of heavy trees. I can fly around and don't go far no problems. I got signal loss once and it flew home.