How to Dispose LiPo Batteries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gene_Drone, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Gene_Drone

Gene_Drone Active Member

I have been going through my H107c batteries and some are done. I have been looking on line where to recycle them. Seems there's none in my area (York County PA). So I looked on line and found an article that says, once they are discharged they can be tossed into the regular trash.

So, does anyone know where to find a drop off for them?

Does anyone know if the max B6AC v2 will discharge them to 0v?

Does anyone know of any other techniques to render them harmless?

Thanks in advance.

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi you can set the charger discharge just set it as low as it will go , then it any charge of left in the battery leave them out side for a few weeks that will kill them off
    The bigger Lipos are a problem any thing 2 cells of over single cells die very easy

3. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

You can completely discharge the rest of the way by submerging them in salt water for 24-48 hours .

4. Kamikaze

Kamikaze New Member

Do you have a home depot? The ones I've been to have battery bins at the entrance, I think lowes does too but not sure.
    You could also call a hobby shop near by and ask or possibility a shop like batteries+ if you have one in your area.

I don't know if batteries+ take them for recycling but I'd be surprised if they didn't given that their primary business of selling them.

5. Gene_Drone

Gene_Drone Active Member

Thanks to all of you. I am new to the forum and already impressed with the willingness of the members to share their insights.