Hi I'm Jay

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jay3282, May 13, 2018.

1. Jay3282

Jay3282 Member

Hello everyone :) I started getting into quadcopters about a year and a half back so im still fairly new to alot of things but I hope to be a good addition to the community here. I've done a lot of research and watched a lot of videos. started building a 250 race quad and a 450, went through a bunch of toy drones of various sizes just to have something to fly with while i learned how to solder and hook everything up. After I felt I knew enough and had gotten my own builds in the air I invested in a Mavic. My career and day job are centered in video work and photography so for me quadcopters always seemed like the ultimate tool and I wanted to really know about them if I was going to start using them. Turns out I liked them even more than I expected and I've recently realized I don't have any friends who are into this stuff as much as I am. lol, I just keep talking everyone's ear off so I decided I should join a club/forum or and that's how I ended up here! Feel free to say hi if you would like :) I am here to learn, make friends and be part of the community

2. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

Welcome to the forum, Jay! You sound a bit like me: I fly a ton of different quads from photography birds to brushless racers and have a blast with them all.

Spork and Jay3282 like this.
  3. Jay3282

Jay3282 Member

That's awesome Rick! Nice to meet you

4. ArmyVet

ArmyVet Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    Lots of expert knowledge here. Just not me.:p
    Have fun!

Bill

Jay3282 likes this.
  5. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Welcome.

Jay3282 likes this.
  6. photojunky

photojunky Well-Known Member

Great hobby.

Jay3282 likes this.
  7. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

You finally arrived at the right place. There are a lot of people like you around here.

Jay3282 likes this.
  8. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Welcome! You sound like you will fit right in.

Jay3282 likes this.
  9. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Hello Jay I don't have any real life freinds who are obsessed with quads like I am either so that's what makes this forum so AWESOME!

Welcome, if you love kwadz you are in the right place!

Torc the Sinister and Jay3282 like this.
  10. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister Finally in the ranks of the brushless!

Welcome to Quad Addicts Anonymous!

I imagine many of us have caused the rolling of eyes and the under-the-breath "that topic AGAIN?" in those around us more times than those people can count.

KentA, Jay3282 and Dugdog47 like this.
  11. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

12. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

My buddy keeps getting pissed because I call his toy quads "toys" lol. He thought I would be impressed that his new drone has a wi-fi camera that links up to his phone lol.

KentA likes this.
  13. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister Finally in the ranks of the brushless!

If this was months ago and I was handed the stray drone I posted about I would have danced a jig. But as soon as I took a closer look, I thought, "oh damn, it's a toy grade, not much I could do with it and it's not worth getting a controller for."