Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chindley, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Chindley

Chindley New Member

Hi peeps.
    Been lurking for a while, now going to take the plunge to a decent drone instead of the cheap toy like ones and will be needimg some advice I Look forward to diving in to the knowledge pool.

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, lots of good advice to be found here.

Chindley likes this.
  3. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

Now you get to try to figure out how you will personally define a "decent drone". ;)

Never scorn the "toys"...a lot of people have a lot of fun with them. That said, everyone here will help in your journey if they can.

Rana, Jackson and Gyro Doctor like this.
  4. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

Welcome aboard :)
    The first thing to consider is what kind of flying you are wanting to get into, generally speaking there's the "High and Slow" type (camera platforms)
    and the "Low and Fast" type (FPV Racing).

Personally I'm into going as fast as I can, relatively close to the ground and dodging trees while making steeply banked turns and shooting through gates. :p
    But there a plenty of others in here that are more into "hovering around taking pretty videos". Any recommendations steering you towards the best
    choices for what you'd consider a "decent drone" are directly dependent upon the type of flying you'll primarily be doing. ;)