Hello from the snow covered South Jersey Shore

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JerseyBiker, Jan 10, 2017.

1. JerseyBiker

JerseyBiker Member

My first post but sure not my last. I'm 62, retired and looking for a new hobby. I've considered getting a drone off and on for sometime. After watching hours of YouTube videos and reading hundreds of Amazon reviews, I choose the Holy Stone X401H as my first drone because it had all I wanted in my budget except GPS. It was delivered from Amazon 5PM yesterday. 3PM today I dropped it off to UPS to return. Basically it was DOA. Worked for a 1 minute test and wouldn't do anything more afterwards. After that fiasco I thought screw the budget and get something nice. So this Afternoon I ordered a Hubsan X4 H501S. It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (isn't Amazon Prime great). But I won't have an opportunity to play with it until the snow melts.

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

What no flying in the snow LOL your love it thats a really nice quad
    your be buying more batteries once the quad hobby bites

JerseyBiker likes this.
  3. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Did Holy Stone actually ask you to return it?

FWIW Holy Stone is just a rebrander
    http://www.mjxrc.com/en/goods/show-X401H-en.html

Welcome to the forum.

4. JerseyBiker

JerseyBiker Member

Thanks for the welcome. I never called Holy Stone. I've read they are responsive to customer's issues. Other's had the same problem so I decided instead of getting an exchange, I just got the quadcopter that I really wanted and returned the X401 to Amazon. Last night I also ordered on quadcopterforum a JJRC H31 Waterproof Drone. It was only $26 bucks. I'm going to play with that to get a feel of operating a drone before I use the Hubsan. And with snow here on the ground, the waterproof drone would be perfect for practice. Thanks for the info about Holy Stone. I didn't realize they are a rebrander.

5. JerseyBiker

JerseyBiker Member

Jackson I just checked into that X401H on Amazon. It's basically the same as the Holy Stone except for the color and controller and at about half the price I paid. I know now to be aware of rebranders.

Jackson likes this.
  6. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Crazy cool quad. Good choice. :)