Happymodel Toad 90

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by Jake Schobel, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Jake Schobel

Jake Schobel New Member

I am new into drones and bought my first, a Happymodel Toad 90, a week ago and am having issues with it binding to my flysky fs-i6 transmitter. It said it was a bind and fly model, but every time i try and bind the drone to my transmitter it blinks slowly, which the directions says it has lost connection. Can anyone tell me why it would do this and how to get it to bind with my transmitter.

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Are you sure the receiver on the quad is in bind mode if its a stand alone receiver there is normally a bind plug or bind button , some need to have the power cycled to get in to bind mode if you have a manual look at the binding section

3. Jake Schobel

Jake Schobel New Member

It did not come with the best of instructions, but I am sure it is in binding mode. The instructions say to hold the binding button then power the drone up and the blue led on top will start to blink fast, which means it is in binding mode. Then when I hold the bind button on my transmitter and turn it on to be in binding mode, the blue led on the quad just blinks slowly and the two never connect. Both will start to beep and the motors on the drone will twitch, but it never binds.

4. holtneil

Is this your first model on this transmitter is the quad running on Sbus the transmitter needs to match the receiver setting

5. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

o_O ... Not familiar with that quad or radio, but maybe it IS bound and just not ARMED ?

This video may be of help:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

The Toad90 is made by Furibee I believe. That may make it easier to find manual and videos.

7. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Try turning on the i6, holding the bind button, first, then do the quad. That's how I do it.

Jake Schobel likes this.
  8. Jake Schobel

Jake Schobel New Member

Yes it is my first drone on the transmitter

9. holtneil

Hi mate try what Jackson said top guy knows his stuff

Rick M likes this.
  10. Jake Schobel

Jake Schobel New Member

Thank you all for the help and I was able to get my drone bound to the transmitter. Now I am having the problem that when in betaflight I was making sure all of the controls work and when I tried I get nothing from anything of the controls. I do not know if they are not communicating or what's wrong now.