Global drone x183

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryanpaul19, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Ryanpaul19

Ryanpaul19 New Member

Hi,I've got a global drone x183 follower can someone give me some advice it says it will go out 400 meters but keeps on returning at about 30 meters is there another mode on the remote I should be pressing is any body familiar with this drone thanks.

2. Steven Campbell

Steven Campbell Well-Known Member

Is the drone being controlled with wifi or the transmitter controller?

3. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

You are in beginner mode i bet. it has distance and height limits built in. they're adjustable but come preset. there is usually a button that cycles through modes. sometimes theres a place in menus to cut off beginner mode because it comes defaulted to on.

mozquito1 and Steven Campbell like this.
  4. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

Yep, it's either that or it also sounds to me like it could be in the "follow me" mode ... dunno how to switch modes on that quad, consult your manual

5. Ryanpaul19

Ryanpaul19 New Member

Hi,yes it's being controlled with remote control gps

6. Steven Campbell

Steven Campbell Well-Known Member

I'd go with the suggestions from the other members, I'm still new to this.

The 30 meters sounded to me like about the max range of a wifi type flight control based on things I've read while learning about drones.

7. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

It's not a WiFi drone. I just had a look on pigglymart.Com $160 brushed motors all the buzz except it's only 2S. Quite OK though if you can get spares.
    It has all the things, the above say.
    But without a manual to look @.
    Maybe if somthing looks familiar then take a pic of the page & we can take a look.

8. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

It doesn't mention anything about the flight controller or esc's. Other than than its a 6 axis gyro with roll/flip.
    So no acro flying really only horizon mode more or less. If you ever have to take it apart & fix it take a picture & tag it on here for a reference. Because there's not much out there.

9. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's just returning to home due to a compass error or low voltage. Just brushed motors but it does have a budget GPS module, have you even done a compass calibration (similar to Naza dance) and IMU?

Here's a video (there's a bazzilion of 'em on boobtube) that should help

mozquito1 likes this.
  10. Kainite

Kainite New Member

Hi, do anyone has the led codes meaning for the X183?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018