Getting Better

Discussion in 'Mini Quads & Racing' started by Torc the Sinister, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister An inquisitive and barely enlightened RC newbie

I have been greatly enjoying my SPC Maker 90X and my FPV skills have been improving with each flight. Here is a vid of me testing my skill shooting a hoop that is hanging by a string (prone to spinning) under a low hanging pine tree.

A few fellow pilots have taken up doing challenges against each other to test our skills. So far we have shot low clearance areas and landing on small areas.

I killed two of my 7.4v motors which grounded the 90X, so I hopped on FreeRider and got some stick time in and was amazed how my skill has improved there, more challenging areas, such as the garage, was much easier, even able to shoot the benches with repeated success.

To think, it was only months ago that I was barely able to do decent flights LOS without consistent crashes and maybe a month ago where I stayed in the open areas FPV and did simple laps.

I did test how fast I was able to successfully fly and did an 8 lap simple circuit I called NASQWAD.

KentA, Dugdog47 and ArmyVet like this.
  2. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Awesome backyard course you got going there bro!

3. ArmyVet

ArmyVet Well-Known Member

Nice job!
    I am always in awe of people that can get that so quickly.
    Of course, I am an old fart and did not get into this hobby until 65 haha

Have Fun!

4. Torc the Sinister

Thank you, this has been a blessing to this hobby and the reason I will not likely go into larger quads. No need to go anywhere to fly, charging station at the ready at all times and my neighbors are cool with my flying around their backyards. The only downside is not having the open ceiling to do freestyle practice, but I get plenty of shade for these hot days. I am working my way up to making gates to set up courses.

Would be happy to open my yard up to small quad flight but I do not know anyone to invite.

I am glad my natural hand/eye coordination is still up to the task. So long as I can fly and throw darts, I am good.

ArmyVet likes this.
  5. Torc the Sinister

Got my SPC Maker 90X 1s version today and took it out on a test run...and killed a motor already. Good run tho.

Made some gates from fiberglass electrical fence posts, hula hoops and pool noodles. Less than $10 for both.

wafflejock likes this.