FrSky Taranis vs Turnigy Evolution

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by Koko, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Koko

Koko Chronically Confused

Looking to see if there is anything that I cannot do with the Turnigy Evolution as my transmitter in terms of FPV freestyle. My quad will have a buzzer on it and MAYBE some LED's but as far as electronics I need to operate, that's everything. So that is an arm switch, buzzer and LED. Do I need more channels or switches ? If my FC has different flight mode options for hover etc would I be better off with the Taranis? The design of the Evolution is much more appealing to me than having to hold a brick in my hand while flying for 2.5x the price.

Input? Thanks.

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays everyone.

2. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

The Evolution looks like a nice radio, but I don't think you can compare it to the Taranis. It has 8 channels, and that will allow some flexibility for different functions that you may want in the future as you stated.

It shows it is capable of telemetry too, but not sure how you would enable that. I use it on my Taranis for my voltage monitoring.

3. Koko

Thanks for your thoughts ringolong.

As far as telemetry goes, would it even be required on my transmitter if I have an OSD showing me voltage etc? Always wondered about that.

Also, any idea about using a three position switch to control different flight modes?

4. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

If it does not have a 3 way switch you probably could choose 2 flight modes to map instead of three.

You would not need if using osd, and goggles all of the time. I fly fpv and by los so I need it.

5. Koko

awesome. sounds like it may be perfect then.. want something slim and simple..just hope that everything else in the build works together!

and if only I knew how to fly... lol..