FPV transmission Choppy

Discussion in 'FPV Systems' started by SEIVnyc, Oct 13, 2017.

1. SEIVnyc

SEIVnyc New Member

Good morning QC,

I recently bought a UDI RC U842 Predator FPV. This is my 1st FPV drone I have bought to really get into the hobby. I was super stoked to get it in the mail and put it together. Well of course Murphy’s Law (sob) struck again with the FPV transmission. I can’t get a clear images to transmit to my iPhone 7. The reason I bought this FPV drone and fpv goggles was to bring my drone experience to another level of fun and to be able to see aerial views were ever I go, but that’s not happening with this transmission issue. I’m not sure if anyone can give some advice (I know I get what I paid for) or even a DIY on fixing this transmission issue?

Thanks for your time and knowledge!

SEIV
    791EE63F-146F-43BE-B6B4-531154826D5B.jpeg
    F0190451-CC64-4E0D-B919-BABD735B1882.jpeg
    203760C8-185A-4914-A1FD-7E88E54A39FB.jpeg

2. Jeff Neese

Jeff Neese Well-Known Member

That quad has WiFi FPV, which is going to be choppy, limited range, and have a lot of lag. You can't fly WiFi FPV with goggles - you need a setup with 5.8ghz.

SEIVnyc likes this.
  3. SEIVnyc

SEIVnyc New Member

These are the VR goggles I’m using
    C9C0446E-658C-4DBB-9645-7493F1C14D3D.jpeg
    497A44E7-076F-4036-AABA-30C06B98F89D.jpeg

Is there any way you (or anyone) would know how to fix or add a modification to build it to 5.8ghz?

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

How dies the recorded video off the SD card look?

5. Jeff Neese

Jeff Neese Well-Known Member

No. It requires a camera with 5.8gz video transmitter (VTX) and also a set of goggles that are compatible. So you need different goggles, and also a different camera. There is no "conversion" or upgrade from WiFi FPV.

If you had intended to get into FPV flying with that quadcopter, you bought the wrong one. I suggest you enjoy it for what it is, learn to fly well, and in the meantime start researching FPV systems.

SEIVnyc likes this.
  6. SEIVnyc

SEIVnyc New Member

It’s decent not 720p quality

7. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

[​IMG]

That looks like there is protective, shipping film on lenses that needs to be peeled off.

Gyro Doctor likes this.