1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

Flypro Tower 8 in 1: Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by Koko, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Koko

Koko Chronically Confused

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of adding this cool little electronics bundle to my quad but I wasn't sure if anyone knew anything about it - good or bad.

Flypro Tower 8 in 1
    It is $130, and comes with cleanflight firmware, 30 amp esc's with BLHeli and includes the PDB, 4 ESC's, FC, vid tx, and OSD.

I'll be building an Alien 5'' which also comes with it's own PDB but I am assuming that I don't have to use it and use the flypro tower instead.

What do you think?

Happy Holidays
    Cheers.

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

3. Koko

RENOV8R, thanks for your input.

Thats a good call actually. I initially wrote it off because it was pricey, but then after looking at all the different combinations of electronics and how much they were, I somehow ended up with the Flypro. I don't think the powercube comes with an OSD but if that is the only thing it is missing, no big deal. All of these options are torture! I don't want to go bankrupt building this thing, but I also loath purchasing a crap product that just fails constantly.

Also, I see your in London? We are within 45min of each other. Any quad clubs in the area ?

Cheers.

4. RENOV8R

5. Koko

Ah, I should clarify what I meant. I definitely want an OSD, I was meaning it was not a big deal to find and add one on top of the powercube. They do make this, I wonder if that stacks on top of the existing Powercube however? That confuses me no doubt... Any idea?

I don't mind the idea of the F3 FC but I like the cleanliness of having all of my electronics in one bundle (especially as I am not a solder master by any means). I think with this I would need to add ESC's and a VTX.

St Thomas is a great spot. Ever had the Railway City microbeer? I'm a big fan. I live in both Sarnia and Windsor. Maybe one day if this project of mine ever comes to fruition, we can meet up for a flight. What are you flying?

Thanks again for the help.

6. RENOV8R

I've got a Space One 220 X I'm in the middle of building and a Tarot 650 Sport. But I've also got parts starting to roll in for a new build that should be pretty cool. :cool: Have a Merry Christmas IMG_2343.JPG