Flyno RatKwad

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by RENOV8R, Apr 11, 2019.

1. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Just arrived yesterday from Josh at Flynoceros, this is the RatKwad. I'm hoping to get started this weekend on a build thread, this should be interesting. Totally unique and more of a novelty item but as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it..........Just reminded me of the Parma 1/10 scale I had back in the day...........
    https://theflynoshop.com/product/flynoceros-ratkwad/

HC.png

2. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Looks very cool and unique, I'll bet she flies awesome. The rear mounted fpv cam is a cool idea I like it!

3. RENOV8R

IMG_0051.JPG I had a chance this weekend to look at this frame and start putting it together and my first impressions are:

-Typical of Flynoceros, you could probably run it over with a transport truck with little to no damage

-quality of the carbon fibre parts is excellent

-you don't realize how big this frame is until you start assembling it. I haven't weighed it or done any measurements, but it's a tank

-with like 14 parts and nothing to go by but a couple photos, it took quite a while to figure out how everything fits together

-considering this frame costs well over $100, the least they could have done is toss in a couple battery straps

-I don't know what printer or filament they use, but quality of the 3D printed parts is amazing

-I was concerned about the COG but in mocking it up a bit on the weekend, seems it will be quite well balanced

-the camera mounting plate only accepts the bracket for a micro camera. This OK but it would nice to have the option of mounting a full-sized camera

-lots of room for at least a 4S 1800mah lipo, maybe bigger

4. RENOV8R

Got a little done, motors are wired up to the ESCs. So far this is a fun build. This is a 280mm frame, so as you can see in the side-by-side comparison with a 5" CMW Smooth Operator, it's got some bulk to it. So far I'm using:
    -Brother Hobby Speed Shield 2207.5 1750kv motors
    -XRotor Micro 45A 4-in-1 BLHeli_32 ESC
    -BrainFPV Radix flight controller
    IMG_0058.JPG IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0063.JPG

5. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Sweet looking quad bro, is it gonna be 6s?

6. RENOV8R

I haven't decided yet, but the components are all capable of handling 6S. I just don't know if I want invest a pile of money on batteries for something that I'm only going to fly every once in a while