First time flying a racing quad and my quad is WAY to fast...

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by Travis, Dec 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Travis

Travis New Member

I have been flying RC nitro for 25 years and about a week ago i bought the Diatone Crusader 225 racing quad.... WELL I flew it today and managed to break about 8 propellers...When I barely touch the throttle it takes off RIDICULOUSLY fast and I am even having trouble hovering it. I have flown a Phantom for a while, but this is a completely different ballgame. Is there a way I can fly this drone slowly??? I am using a Spektrum DX6i and cleanflight. I am a software engineer by trade, however I don't really know what I need to look for and do on clean flight or my transmitter, but I can operate them and adjust if I can know what to look for.

2. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

Do you know what mode you are in? Rate, acro, or horizontal?

I am a principle software engineer too btw. :cool:

3. Travis

Travis New Member

That is where I am getting confused. I do not know of the modes and how to enable them or what they even are. Are you talking the gain setup on my transmitter or are you talking about a cleanflight rate, acro, or horizontal?

4. ringolong

Try angle mode in cleanflight.

Dural_ likes this.
  5. Dural_

Dural_ Member

Sorry I know this is not my topic, but Is angle mode supposed to be slower than horizon mode? I myself too am looking to program an AUX to limit the speed of the quad (for indoor flying ofc), But I still don't know how.

6. ringolong

It is easier to start out in angle mode not that it will slow the quad down. I map my modes to a switch so I can change while in flight.