First build, tons of questions!

Discussion in 'First Build' started by oby1, Jan 3, 2018.

1. oby1

oby1 New Member

Hi All, I have been reading like crazy, but just can't find the answer to all my questions, so figured I would try to post here and get some help from some experts. I have been flying a 250 racing drone that I got off banggood for a couple years now, it was a complete kit with a radiolink AT9 radio, no camera, CC3D FC. I am very impressed with this little drone and have crashed it like crazy and it still works great. So a friend of mine got me a camera and monitor for it, for Christmas and I got to thinking that it would be fun to build a drone that had some more features to it, and one that I would not want to crash all the time, keep my other one for that. So here is what I have and what I want to do.

I already have the following, 250 frame, radiolink AT9 radio, Radiolink 6 channel receiver, MT2204 2300KV motors, plenty of 3S batteries

I want my build to have the ability to return to home, position hold, return to home or land on low battery. So the first thing I really need some help with is selecting a flight controller that will work with what I already have above, and give me the new features that I am looking for. Can someone please give me their thoughts on what FC’s I should be looking at, and perhaps links to get them, with all the necessary components, GPS, power board, etc… that I would need for them. I have several other questions, but if I can pin down which FC I want, then I can bug you all with the other questions.

Thanks so much for any help that you can give me.

2. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

Hey Oby...........I would suggest an F405 FC. Or even an F722(that's what I'm moving to).........

3. oby1

oby1 New Member

Ok so let’s say I’m going with the 722. Looking online what else do I need to make it work? Do I need a GPS? If so recommendations? Looks like it comes with a power distribution board, am i correct on that? I just want to make sure I have all the details and order All I need. Anyone else have any other recommendations?