First build, I need help please

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Queja, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Queja

Queja New Member

Hello everyone. So I tried to build my first quadcopter based on the Peon 230 frame (I'm totally new to this hobby), I got everything soldered, I set up my fc with Betaflight, etc. Then I tried to make it fly, but I encountered a problem. When I raise the throttle on my controller, the third motor have trouble to turn, so the entire quadcopter just tilt and crash. I don't know how to fix that and I really need your help

Here's my partslist :
    FC : Betaflight F3 AIO board
    Motors : Racerstar BR1806 2280 KV brushless
    ESCs : BLHA1006 Thrust 20A BlHeli Opto ESC
    Rx : FS-IA6B
    Tx : FS-I6
    Battery : 1500 mAh 70C 4C li-po battery
    Props : GRPRC 5040 5 inch 3 Blade Prop

I'm using the sbus protocol
    I included some pics of the fc and the third motor esc (the 3 wires are normally insulated but I took the insulation off for the pic)

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll be able to help me :)

fc pic.jpg P_20180211_165612.jpg

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

First I'd try resoldering the M3 signal wire where it's soldered onto the FC, looks a little iffy. Also, have you calibrated your ESCs?

Spork and mozquito1 like this.
  3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

The ground wire looks worse. Do both.
    Flysky uses pwm, ppm & ibus.
    Not sbus.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Spork likes this.
  4. mozquito1

Why did you not heatshrink the 3 motor wires, 2nd picture. If they touch it will mess it up.

Xarkatect3 likes this.
  5. mozquito1

I can't see below the fcb, but it's not a good idea to use metal screws in the fcb.
    Is the pdb, fcb adequately soft mounted so you don't short anything.

6. mozquito1

Is that a 3d printed frame, o_O

7. Queja

Queja New Member

Hello, I've resoldered the 2 wires (M3 and ground), calibrated my ESCs and used nylon screws on the fcb instead of metal screws.
    I also put the insulation back on the motor wires, but nothing changed, the 3rd motor is still having trouble to turn :(
    Yes I 3d printed my frame because I have access to a 3d printer :D
    Thanks for your help

8. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for 45 years

With all props off, double check all your settings then power test each motor individually.
    Also make sure you don't have a mounting screw protruding too far into the motor which could bind it up,
    removing the motor's screws that's in question and trying it again will tell that.

If everything else seems ok then swap that motor with another location. If the problem stays with the motor then replace it.
    If the problem stays on that arm with a different motor now there then you've got either a bad ESC for that location or wiring
    problems for that location. ;)

9. mozquito1

:cool:... Does the bell of the motor turn freely by hand. Magnets will attract thing off the bench. Which may get stuck. Are all the setting the same on each esc in blheli configuration.

10. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

FWIW the latest FS-i6X does SBUS, even with the older IBus RXs.