Eggsplorer

Discussion in 'Tiny Whoops & Other Micro Quads' started by Tentoes, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Tentoes

Tentoes Well-Known Member

This is the "Eggsplorer" that was on sale for like $12 a while ago. I figured it would be a ridiculous Easter thing, but I was pleasantly surprised when it came.

[​IMG]

It seems to be the same plastic as another egg drone with some cute pad printing and no fpv camera. It has altitude hold and 6 axis gyro. I got it figuring "Altitude hold on a $12 quad?"

It is pretty easy to fly as long as the wind is dead calm. If there's enough wind to hear in my ears, it can barely move into it in "fast" mode. I tried catching it on camera while fumbling the remote... It was a bad scene.

[​IMG]

Spork likes this.
  2. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

That’s pretty cool for 12 bucks.

We’ve got a family reunion type beach trip coming up in June. I think I’ll be looking around for a couple cheap quads to let the little nieces and nephews play with that I don’t worry if they crash in the ocean or fill it with sand. :D

3. Tentoes

Tentoes Well-Known Member

Juggling a camera and a remote, I managed to get the silly thing in front of the camera for a few seconds. It's easy to fly as long as there is no camera involved.

Dugdog47, Steven Campbell and KentA like this.