Eggsplorer

Discussion in 'Tiny Whoops & Other Micro Quads' started by Tentoes, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Tentoes

Tentoes Well-Known Member

This is the "Eggsplorer" that was on sale for like $12 a while ago. I figured it would be a ridiculous Easter thing, but I was pleasantly surprised when it came.

[​IMG]

It seems to be the same plastic as another egg drone with some cute pad printing and no fpv camera. It has altitude hold and 6 axis gyro. I got it figuring "Altitude hold on a $12 quad?"

It is pretty easy to fly as long as the wind is dead calm. If there's enough wind to hear in my ears, it can barely move into it in "fast" mode. I tried catching it on camera while fumbling the remote... It was a bad scene.

[​IMG]

KentA and Spork like this.
  2. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

That’s pretty cool for 12 bucks.

We’ve got a family reunion type beach trip coming up in June. I think I’ll be looking around for a couple cheap quads to let the little nieces and nephews play with that I don’t worry if they crash in the ocean or fill it with sand. :D

KentA likes this.
  3. Tentoes

Juggling a camera and a remote, I managed to get the silly thing in front of the camera for a few seconds. It's easy to fly as long as there is no camera involved.

Dugdog47, Steven Campbell and KentA like this.
  4. helmetface

helmetface Member

That is too cool!

5. natnatroswell22

natnatroswell22 Well-Known Member

This are for kids, this is perfect for one of their recreational activity:):cool:

6. Tentoes

Mine is wearing out. The arms no longer latch down. But it still flies nicely. My favorite of the toy quads, but it hasn't had much flying since the spark came.

7. natnatroswell22

natnatroswell22 Well-Known Member

Yea we tend to forget old things than new ones.